If you’re looking for an easy Christmas candy to make, you’ll like how easy these Rolo Pretzels are to make at home with just a few simple steps. While classic Christmas cookie recipes steal the show every year, these holiday candy pretzels take just 10 minutes to prepare and only 3 minutes to bake in the oven. It’s the perfect surprise candy to make last minute to fill those holiday tins and glass bowls for family and guests. Each bite is loaded with rich milk chocolate, smooth caramel, and salty pretzel.
It’s easy to get caught up in traditional cookie baking during the holidays. What I like about making a few batches of holiday pretzels is that they are small enough to fill cookie tins and platters. It’s always a nice surprise to find a cookie alternative when grabbing a snack to eat from a gift box.
HOW TO MAKE ROLO PRETZELS
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unwrap Rolo candies and place in bowl.
- Line baking sheet with pretzel snaps in neat rows.
- Top the center of each pretzel with a candy.
- Bake in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately press an M&M into the top of the Rolo candy.
HOW TO SERVE PRETZEL CANDIES
- BIG BOWL FOR A PARTY: If you’re hosting a party like Christmas, graduation, or birthday parties, serve it in a big bowl with a large spoon. Serve next to 9 oz. fancy plastic cups. Guests can fill their own cup up as needed.
- SHIP TO FAMILY/FRIENDS: Fill a quart size bag and ship it to your kids in college or to a friend across the country. During the holidays, fill up empty space on cookie platters, trays, and holiday tins with this snack candy.
- PARTY CUPS FOR EVENT: Fill fancy 9-ounce plastic cups with the candy bites. Place them on a food table for serving.
- DESSERT BOX/SPREAD: If you’re hosting a party with small bite-size dessert servings, serve a few candied pretzels in a muffin liner. This is perfect for those Christmas boxes and platters.
- PARTY FAVORS: Send the candy pieces home in a lunch bag size paper bag or a food-safe plastic candy bag.
- ☑ Perfect size to fill up empty spaces in a glass bowl, cookie trays and platters, or dessert tins.
- ☑ Ship well without breaking.
- ☑ Doesn’t cost a fortune to make. Frugal food gift to share for the holidays.
- ☑ Doesn’t use any special equipment.
- ☑ A fun recipe that small children can help make.
- ☑ Easy recipe to make a week or more in advance.
ROLO PRETZEL INGREDIENTS
■ PRETZELS: Any pretzels that are flat will allow the rolos chocolates to melt and stick to the pretzels. For this reason, I like to use pretzel snaps that are square or the classic twists. TIP: Skip the butter snaps as these have a savory flavor to them.
■ ROLOS: Chocolate-covered caramel Rolo candy is the perfect bite-size candy to top on pretzel squares. A sweet treat with a bite of salty pretzels. If you’re looking for more inspiration using pretzels this Christmas, try these Christmas Pretzel Hugs, next.
■ CHOCOLATE CANDY: Classic M&M’s in festive green and red holiday colors. I like to use the original version, but feel free to switch it up with other M&M flavors like mint, sugar cookie, dark chocolate, caramel, peanut butter, or peanut M&M’s.
TRY THESE RECIPE TWISTS NEXT
- HERSHEY’S KISS – A wide variety of Hershey’s chocolate candy pieces can easily be swapped with the Rolos for more variety, see this Pretzel Kiss recipe.
- JUNIOR MINTS – chocolate covered peppermint candy pieces.
- PEPPERMINT BARK – Candy bark in a wide variety of flavors in place of the M&M’s or Rolos.
- SPRINKLES – Sprinkle festive Christmas or other holiday sprinkles on top of the warm Rolos candy.
- NUTS – Swap the m&m’s for pecans, almonds, pistachios, walnuts, cashews, or even gourmet chocolate covered nuts.
- REESE’S – Swap Rolos for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup minis or holiday bells.
TRY THESE CHRISTMAS COOKIES NEXT
- Strawberry Thumbprint Jam Cookies – Jam filled almond cookies.
- Pecan Fingers – Old fashioned pecan shortbread cookie fingers rolled in powdered sugar.
- 15 Christmas Cookie Recipes – Only the most important traditional cookie recipes that will make the baking list year after year.
- Russian Tea Cake Cookies – Easy shortbread cookie dough balls with pecans and rolled in powdered sugar.
Can I make this recipe in advance? Yes. This candy holds up well. I do suggest allowing the candy to cool completely then storing it in an airtight container or ziplock bag so that the pretzels do not go stale.
- 96 pretzel snaps or pretzel twists
- 96 Rolo chocolate covered caramel candies
- 96 M&M's I used green and red M&M's for Christmas
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Unwrap Rolos. Place in bowl.
- Fill 1-2 baking sheets with pretzels in rows.
- Place a Rolo candy in the center of each pretzel.
- Bake in oven for 3 minutes or until chocolate starts to soften.
- Remove from oven and immediately top each Rolo with M&M candy.
- Allow chocolate to set (cool) for several hours before storing in a container or ziplock bag.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it’s accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You’ll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!