Strawberry & Cream Bars
The perfect summer dessert starts with fresh strawberry and cream dessert bars baked on a sugar cookie crust. These dessert bars are irresistibly smooth and creamy with a fluffy cookie crust.
With all the extra strawberries from the farmer’s market, I’ve been on a strawberry baking spree these past few weeks. It’s no wonder this is my favorite season. No matter how many strawberries I have in the fridge, I keep coming home with more. These strawberry cream bars are perfect for this time of year. Adding a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream to the top is completely optional.
Looking for a fast alternative to making this? Use a pre-made sugar cookie mix instead of making your own. Simply use a store bought, pre-made sugar cookie mix, like Betty Crocker. You will need 1/2 butter softened (1 stick) and 1 egg. Combine Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix, butter and egg. Hand mix together until a dough forms. Press down in a greased 9×13 pan and bake at 350 degress F for 15-20 minutes. Follow directions for the filling and topping to complete the recipe.
The perfect fluffy and light sugar cookie base with a creamy white chocolate cheesecake creamy center and fresh strawberry topping make this one of my favorite summer desserts. I cannot think of a better way to use a carton of fresh strawberries from the market.
Strawberry & Cream Bars
- Cookie Bar
- Sugar cookie mix (1 lb, I used Betty Crocker)
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips (1 bag)
- 12 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 baking pan; set aside.
- Sugar Cookie Crust Mix cookie mix in a bowl. Gently press the batter into the greased pan and spread out with hands. Buttering your hands helps to spread this better. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- For the Filling - In a small, microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons heavy cream for 45 to 60 seconds or until chips are melted. Stir until smooth. In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave cream cheese to soften; about 30 seconds. In a medium bowl fitter with a mixer, combine melted chocolate and cream cheese and beat until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over the cooled sugar cookie crust. Refrigerate while making the topping.
- Strawberry Topping - Wash and slice strawberries. In a small bowl, crush 1 cup sliced strawberries, In a small saucepan on medium heat, add the 1 cup crushed strawberries, sugar, water and cornstarch. Stir mixture constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes then gently fold in remaining strawberries. Spread over chilled filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!