This tasty Strawberry Cream Mimosa recipe is sure to be the star of your next breakfast brunch or girl’s night. It features a light, crisp, and fruity sparkling prosecco champagne with juicy fresh strawberries, ripe raspberries, wild honey, and a hint of cream. Sip on this special drink in style and serve at brunch, breakfast, lunch, bridal parties, wedding parties, showers, Mother’s Day, and more.
The only brunch beverage you’ll want to serve. This mimosa is delicious and beautiful and has the most incredibly delicious fruity notes along with lots of champagne bubbles. Serve for brunch and holidays or any special occasion. Bubbly sparkling champagne with refreshing raspberry and strawberry frozen cream sweetened naturally with fruit, sugar, and honey. It’s sure to make it the ultimate brunch beverage.
Every leisurely brunch deserves a delicious cocktail recipe to share with friends. Whatever you’ll be serving, Strawberry Mimosas pair perfectly with a wide variety of food and desserts. Plus, it will satisfy any sweet tooth without all the extra calories that come loaded with traditional cocktails. It can even be made with sugar sweeteners making it a top choice for any occasion.
A weekend brunch is a good time to break out the bubbly and share a light, crisp and refreshing beverage with friends and family. Brunch beverages should be fun, refreshing and exciting. If you’re looking for a beverage to serve that guests will love, this is the recipe!
I’ve lightened up the classic mimosa recipe by using Sweet’N Low® as a zero calorie sweetener. I used unsweetened fresh fruit instead of pre-made juice and sweetened it with Sweet’N Low and honey. The fresh fruit cream is full of flavor and creaminess that pairs perfectly with champagne. Mimosas are the classic brunch beverages to serve and this drink is both delicious and adorable.
Sweet’N Low is diabetic friendly and helps reduce calories in drink recipes. To find more recipes to use it in, click here.
To make this recipe, start with fresh or frozen strawberries and raspberries. Heat them up on the stove top to get them nice a soupy. Sweeten it with Sweet’N Low and a little honey to give it a nice flavor without all the extra calories. Blend it up in a blender and press it through a fine mesh strainer to separate the juice from seeds and skin.
Pour in half and half cream, stir and pour in ice cube trays or a freezer safe dish. I like to use an ice cube tray and allow it to come to room temperature for about 5-10 minutes to easily remove the cubes. Place liquid mixture in the freezer for at least for hours of store until ready to use. Pour champagne half way up glass and add strawberry cream cubes.
Strawberry Cream Mimosa
- 24 oz frozen raspberries
- 1½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup sugar (or 6-7 packets Sweet'N Low *)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 bottle sparkling champagne (see notes for alternatives)
- In a medium sauce pan set on low/medium heat, pour raspberries and diced or frozen strawberries in pot. Allow berries to get soft and soupy, about 10 minutes. Pour in 6-7 Sweet’N Low packets to sweeten berries. Be sure to taste berries after 4 packets because some berries are sweeter than others, then adjust sweetness to desired taste. Using a spatula, stir Sweet’N Low well then add honey. Stir mixture and continue to heat for another 5 minutes. Take off heat and allow to sit for a few minutes. Puree or blend mixture in a blender well. Place fine mesh strainer/colander over measuring cup and pour liquid through. Tap strainer on cup to push liquid through, working in batches. Move seeds to small bowl and continue to use strainer to separate the remaining liquid from the seeds.
- Once complete, run a little of the half & half cream through the strainer with the seeds to remove any additional liquid; I got an additional 1/4 cup raspberry liquid doing this. Pour remainder of cream into raspberry liquid and stir to combine. Add a splash of vanilla extract and stir. Pour into an ice cube try and freeze or pour into plastic bowl and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour champagne into glass and add cubes.
*Sparkling champagne or sparkling wine
“I was invited to be a brand representative for Sweet’N Low® and have been compensated for this post for SocialStars. All opinions are my own.” I’ve created the ultimate Sweet’N Low® Strawberry Lemonade recipe #donthesitaste the whole family will love as part of a sponsored post for SocialStars.