You’ll love this fresh Strawberry Pretzel Salad baked in a casserole dish this summer. A layer of buttery pretzel cookie crust filled with cheesecake filling and fresh strawberries in jello topping. The perfect potluck dish to bring to barbecues, summer parties, and birthday parties.
A classic summer and spring-inspired dessert salad. This Strawberry Cheesecake Pretzel Dessert features a sweet and salty crunchy pretzel crust, a creamy cheesecake center with a fresh strawberry glazed topping.
If you love strawberries, you will love this recipe. With the strawberry season right around the corner, it makes sense that this recipe is a popular summer dish. Bring this dish along to potlucks, BBQ’s, birthdays, holidays, summer picnics, graduations, and parties. Serve as a side dish, appetizer or dessert. Not only is it great to cool off to in summer but it is often served during the end of the year holiday season. Of course, this recipe is great year-round and can jazz up any food menu when served.
This recipe can’t get any easier to make and requires just 10 minutes of baking time. It’s great to make during the summer with its cold and creamy center and topping that is sure to cool anyone down. Minimal oven use means that this is a recipe to be enjoyed over and over again.
Prepare a 9 X 13 inch baking dish by lightly greasing it. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Now, for the fun part. Crush the pretzels until they are smooth with no big chunks. I placed mine in my food processor for about a minute and then blended until it was finely ground. If you don’t have a blender, place pretzels in a sealed bag and using a rolling pin, crush the pretzels.
Add sugar to pretzel mixture. Next, melt butter in the microwave and pour over sugary pretzel mix. Butter should be fully incorporated and mixed. Use a little more butter until mixture can hold together slightly. Press into prepared baking dish and place in the oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the dish to completely cool before moving to the next step. I waited about 30-45 minutes.
To make the whipped cream cheesecake center, whip cream cheese and sugar then fold in the whipped cream topping. Using a spatula, spread mixture over the pretzel crust. Make sure to cover the corners so the strawberry liquid does not leak to the bottom of the pretzel crust right away.
For the strawberry topping, bring water to boil in a medium saucepan. Pour gelatin mixture into the pan, stirring until mixture is dissolved. Stir in thawed strawberries in sugar (syrup). Allow mixture to cool for a few minutes. Carefully pour mixture over the top of the cheesecake center. Place freshly sliced strawberries on the top to garnish (see above). Refrigerate salad for at least 4 hours or until jello sets.
If you’re looking for a fresh summer strawberry dump cake, try my Strawberry Pretzel Salad with jello. It’s a fun strawberry cheesecake dessert salad to make for graduation parties, potlucks, and summer parties. Make this pretzel crusted dessert ahead of time and bring it to your next get together!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups pretzels, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounce container frozen whipped cream topping, thawed
- 6 ounces packages strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray bottom of pan with baking oil spray; set aside. In a blender, place pretzels and blend/crush until very smooth. Place crushed pretzels in bowl with butter and sugar and mix until well incorporated. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch pan. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Transfer pan to a cooling rack to allow to cool faster.
- In a large bowl fit with a mixer, beat softened cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until combines. Fold in whipped cream topping and mix well to combine. Cool topping in refrigerator for about 15 minutes. Spread over pretzel crust.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Pour in gelatin and stir until dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add strawberries with sugar syrup and stir well making sure gelatin is dissolved. Carefully pour over the top of the whipped cream mixture. Slice any whole strawberries and place them on the top if desired. Place in refrigerator for about 4 hours or until set.