Gourmet Strawberry Shortcake Muddy Buddies with Pop Secret Popcorn, and rice cereal tossed in strawberry white chocolate with strawberry nut chocolate candies, and marshmallows. Make this fun snack for a movie night, school snack, or family road trip.
Every movie night needs a fun snack and what better way to spend time with my niece than to make this incredibly easy and flavorful snack. School has already started in Louisiana and that means I won’t get to spend as much time with my niece. We won’t be giving up on our bonding time that easy though, because luckily we spend every Friday together.
Over the past few years, it has been a tradition for us to get together and bake in the kitchen then settle in for a movie at night. I love this extra time I get to spend with my niece, especially since she’s like a daughter to me.
Plus, since summer is wrapping up, I thought it would be fun to have one more go at a classic summer dessert her and I can’t get enough of. In fact, this strawberry shortcake inspired dessert is just in time for the Netflix series “Spirit Riding Free” because season 6 is available on August 17th and we’ll be watching it together.
We’ll be able to pick up in the series right where we left off all while sharing a bowl of Strawberry Shortcake Muddy Buddies. This recipe couldn’t be any easier to prepare. It’s made with melted strawberry flavored white chocolate, Pop Secret Microwave Popcorn, rice cereal, and strawberry cake mix all from Walmart.
Pop Secret Popcorn is carried throughout Walmart stores and can be found in the snack aisle. I like to pick up a few varieties of Pop Secret Popcorn because it’s a high-quality snack I like to share with my family. It has a great unbeatable butter taste and it’s fun to celebrate life’s simple joys with friends and family.
“Spirit Riding Free” is the perfect Netflix series for my niece and me to watch together on a Friday night. We enjoy watching the fun adventures 12-year-old Lucky embarks on with her tight bonded and rightfully freed horse. Together with her friends, Lucky and their horses courageously take on new adventures across the land.
My niece reminds me of prized palomino mare, Chica Linda. They are both fiercely daring, independent, competitive, and friendly. I think that’s why she loves this series so much. She’s prideful and invested in everything she does, just like the characters of this series. That’s also what makes her my perfect companion in the kitchen and on Friday night movie night!
Some of my favorite Pop Secret Microwave Popcorn recipes include snacks for any day of the week. I love to make a popcorn trail mix and pack it for lunch during the week. Pop Secret Popcorn is amazing with caramel and peanuts and because everyone knows I love ranch seasoning, it’s great tossed with a homemade version that will knock your socks off!
If you love strawberry shortcake, then you’ll love Strawberry Shortcake Muddy Buddies! Make this snack ahead of time and share a bowl with your daughter or best friend.
Strawberry Shortcake Muddy Buddies
For the Popcorn
- 1 full-size bag Pop Secret Kettle Corn Popcorn
- 3/4 cup strawberry flavored candy melts
- 1/2 cup strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 cup powdered confectioners' sugar
For the Rice Cereal
- 5 cups rice cereal
- 1 cup strawberry flavored candy melts
- 1/2 cup strawberry cake mix
- 3/4 cup powdered confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup strawberry nut flavored chocolate candies
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Follow the directions to pop Pop Secret Microwave Popcorn. Remove any un-popped kernels; set aside.In a microwave-safe dish, microwave 3/4 cup strawberry candy melts for 4 minutes on power level 4 then stir until smooth.In a large bowl, pour melted chocolate over popcorn then gently toss with a spatula to evenly coat popcorn. Whisk together strawberry cake mix and powdered sugar then toss it together with popcorn mixture. To make the rice cereal mixture, microwave 1 cup strawberry candy melts for 4 minutes on power level 4 then stir until smooth. In a large bowl, pour melted chocolate over popcorn then gently toss with a spatula to evenly coat cereal. Whisk together strawberry cake mix and powdered sugar then toss it together with the cereal mixture. Finally, combine the popcorn and cereal. Pour into a fine mesh strainer to remove excess powder. Toss mixture with mini marshmallows and strawberry chocolate candies. Serve in mini bowls
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Snyder’s-Lance Inc, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #Pop4Spirit http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV