Triple Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
I can’t think of any other dessert I’d rather share today than brownies, although they are just not any brownie. They are stuffed with cherry cheesecake and chocolate chips! If you love chocolate, you’ll want to have this recipe for yourself or to share with others. Valentine’s Day will be here next week and I can’t think of a more deserving recipe to share for the holiday.
Growing up, mom would take out her cookbook and we’d bake for the special day. I still love to bake for Valentine’s Day and if this recipe is any indication of how much I love the holiday then just know you’re in good hands.
Last week I shared a fun Game Day Truffle recipe with yall and this week we’re carrying on with Pillsbury™ Chocolate Fudge Brownies and Creamy Supreme Frosting with our favorite holiday treats. Baking with brownie mix gives me a lot of creative ideas. This recipe is a fusion of two of my favorite things; fudge brownies and cheesecake.
However, I’m not the only one who loves this beautiful combination and therefore, I’ll be giving a few of these to my mom and sister. Even though we live hundreds of miles away, the hubby is helping me bake these sweet treats to package up and send home for Valentine’s Day.
While planning the perfect Valentine’s Day party, I’ve discovered that easy prep dishes and desserts are the most valuable thing for me. They are both convenient and incredibly inexpensive so stock up on a few of them! Since I’ll be making dessert for a crowd, I’m stocking up on Pillsbury™ baking mixes at Walmart to help me get creative in the kitchen.
Since I’m using the box mix, this recipe literally took me 7 minutes to make. While the brownies do need to spend an hour in the oven, this recipe is incredibly hands off meaning that very little prep is needed. Recipes like this truly allow for more time to spend with the family, which is always a plus in my book.
Stock up on your favorite Pillsbury™ products while they are on sale. Buy any three – Any Pillsbury™ Frosting, Cookie Mix, Cake Mix or Brownie Mix variety – 7 oz. pack or larger and save. Get the Ibotta coupon here.
#MixUpAMoment and celebrate Game Day and Valentine’s Day with easy, fun and creative desserts. What are some of your must have desserts made with Pillsbury™ Brownie Mixes and frosting? Discover more ways to #MixUpAMoment here.
What are some of your favorite desserts to make for Valentine’s Day? Do you bake for others or for family?
Cherry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries , chopped and packed
- 3 1/2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- splash of almond extract , optional
- [/b]1 package Pillsbury™ Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Pillsbury™ Chocolate Supreme Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9x9 baking dish well with cooking spray, oil or butter.
- Finely chop cherries and strain, pressing liquid out of the cherries. In a medium bowl, soften the cream cheese in the microwave. Add granulated sugar, powdered sugar, chopped cherries, cherry juice, egg and almond extract to the cream cheese then stir to combine well; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine brownie mix, egg, water, oil and chocolate chips then stir with a spatula until combined well; batter will be thick.
- Pour half the mixture into prepared pan. Evenly spread the cheesecake layer over the top. It works best to work slowly and pour batter where needed. Next, use a spatula and drop small dollop of brownie batter over cheesecake layer. It's thick batter and won't spread much on top of the cheesecake so work in small dollop batches. Run a butter knife through the top brownie layer to create design.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 75-80 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover with dish with foil after 45 minutes of baking then continue to back. Allow to cool for at least 90 minutes before frosting and cutting.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.