Creamy avocado lemon pasta salad with fresh cherry tomatoes, bacon, Parmesan cheese and avocado chunks. This cold salad is great for potlucks, BBQ’s, holiday parties. It makes for an appetizing side dish, lunch or dinner recipe.
This is an easy but flavorful pasta salad that is one of my favorites. The popular combination of bacon, avocado and tomato stars in this crowd-pleasing delicious pasta salad. To make the dressing, we’ve added fresh lemon juice and olive oil to really bring out the flavors with a pinch of salt.
This pleasing pasta salad is like eating a bowl of guacamole without the cilantro. It’s full of crispy crumbled bacon, fresh lemon and avocado sour cream dressing, chopped cherry tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and rotini pasta. This is a light dish so it’s a good pick for those hot summer days when just don’t feel like turning on the oven or cooking much. The pasta takes a few minutes to boil before being washing in an ice cold water bath.
A creamy and flavorful avocado dressed pasta salad that is a fitting side dish for your favorite grilled meats. Pasta salad is one of the first things to disappear at any party or potluck. It’s an easy and filling dish to eat and it’s hard to mess up. Backyard barbecues are never complete without this classic macaroni salad!
This vegetable pasta salad has a lot of fresh and satisfying ingredients topped with a flavorful dressing. The dressing is savory and smooth with a hint of citrus and a pinch of salt.
To make this recipe, start by boiling water on the stove top in a medium size pot. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and then add the pasta. Stir the pasta frequently and cook according to package directions. The pasta should not be soft, mushy or hard. Once cooked, drain pasta and run cold water through the strainer to stop the cooking process. Toss with a little olive oil or spray a little cooking spray to make sure the noodles don’t stick; set aside.
Cook the bacon on the stove top to desired liking then allow to cool and chop; set aside. To make the avocado dressing, slice avocado and twist in half to break open. Remove pit, peel skin and chop. Place 1 1/2 avocado inside blender while saving the extra half to used chopped in the recipe. Add tablespoon olive oil to blender, the juice of 1 lemon, 1/2 cup sour cream, dill and a dash of salt. Blend until smooth, adding a little water to the mixture also.
Combine avocado dressing and pasta in a large bowl and mix to coat well. Stir in chopped cherry tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, chopped avocado and bacon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Avocado Bacon Pasta Salad
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 2 avocados , peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese , shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 slices bacon , cooked and chopped
- Bring water to boil in a medium sauce pan set on medium/high heat on the stove top. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. This will prevent the noodles from sticking together later and absorbing all the liquid. Cook pasta according to directions then rinse under cold water. Set aside in strainer and lightly spray with cooking oil or a few splashes of olive oil. Cook 8 slices bacon or use bacon bites, then chop and set aside.
- In a blender combine 1 1/2 avocado, 2 tablespoons olive oil, sour cream, lemon juice, dill and dash of salt. Blend until smooth, adding a little water to have more liquid. Toss dressing with cold pasta and Parmesan cheese. Add chopped cherry tomatoes and chopped bacon and gently mix. Add remaining chopped 1/2 avocado. Sprinkle a little dill on top to garnish. Refrigerate until ready to serve.