This post is sponsored by Rubbermaid® Freshworks™ and Socialstars™ as part of a #Freshworks sponsored series; all opinions are my own
BLT Pasta Salad
Creamy mayonnaise and Greek yogurt dressing tossed with Ditalini shaped pasta, crispy chopped bacon, shredded green lettuce, diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese and red pepper flakes. Serve for barbecues, holidays, potlucks and as a side dish.
With the first week of spring in full bloom, I’ve been looking for a reason to get outside and celebrate. Spring in Louisiana means that the trees have bloomed and it’s heating up outside. I’ve come to appreciate spring in the south as it’s perfect in every way before the heat and humidity start in May. This past weekend, we had friends visiting from Wisconsin. While they were in their swimsuit and jumping in the pool, I was preparing the food.
Since it’s the first grill of the season, I want it to be special. I’ve been waiting for this day for months and this BLT Pasta Salad just seems like the perfect dish to celebrate with.
This time of year I love to hit up visit a few local farmer markets. I stock up on anything that is in season and store in the refrigerator then plan meals around each hull. What I dislike the most about stocking up on fresh fruits and vegetables is that some of it goes bad pretty quickly.
It’s a constant struggle to finish everything before it spoils.
Fresh vegetables and fruit that sit on the counter rot pretty quickly because of the humidity. This past week I started using Rubbermaid® Freshworks™ Produce Saver storage containers to help keep the produce fresher for longer.
What I love about these storage containers is that produce lasts three times as long as traditional stored fruits and vegetables. Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ Produce Saver is a brand new food storage container that uses revolutionary FreshVent™ technology to keep produce fresher up to 80% longer (when compared to store packaging). The containers are BPA free and dishwasher safe which makes clean up that much easier.
Rubbermaid® Freshworks™ Produce Saver uses Revolutionary FreshVent™ Technology which is a patented membrane that naturally regulates the flow of O2 and CO2 to create the optimal environment to keep your produce nearly as fresh as the day it was picked.
With spring in full swing, you’ll want to make a fun and flavorful dish that are perfect for barbecues. This ridiculously easy BLT Pasta Salad is perfect as an appetizer, side-dish, or even a main dish.
What are some of your favorite picnic dishes to make this time of year?
BLT Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces Ditalini shaped pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 12 slices bacon , chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 - 3 cups chopped green lettuce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 - 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese , shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes , optional
- In a medium pot over medium high heat, cook 16 ounces of pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, cook bacon in skillet over stove top then chop once cooled. Drain pasta and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside. Chop lettuce and tomatoes. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt and pasta noodles then toss everything together until coated. Stir in lettuce, chopped bacon, tomatoes, red pepper flakes and cheddar cheese. Refrigerate until ready to serve.