This post is sponsored by Rubbermaid® Freshworks™ and Socialstars™ as part of a #Freshworks sponsored series; all opinions are my own
BLT Pasta Salad brings back memories of summer potlucks with family. It’s served cold and it’s refreshing during the hot summer months. I love the combination of crisp green lettuce with juicy cherry tomatoes, crunchy bacon, and cold pasta. I often refer to this summer salad as my bacon pasta because it’s loaded with all my favorite summer potluck recipe ingredients.
Since it’s the first grill of the season, I want it to be special. I’ve been waiting for this day for months. If you like classic summer side dish recipes with a twist, then you’ll love this pasta salad side dish. It has incredible flavor and tastes just like a BLT sandwich that we’ve all come to love.
This time of year I love to hit up visit a few local farmer markets. I stock up on anything that is in season and store in the refrigerator then plan meals around each hull. What I dislike the most about stocking up on fresh fruits and vegetables is that some of it does go bad pretty quickly.
It’s a constant struggle to finish everything before it spoils. Often, I’ll make a summertime pasta salad with fresh summer produce to use up all those fresh garden vegetables.
Fresh vegetables and fruit that sit on the counter rot pretty quickly because of the humidity. This past week I started using Rubbermaid® Freshworks™ Produce Saver storage containers to help keep the produce fresher for longer.
What I love about these storage containers is that produce lasts three times as long as traditional stored fruits and vegetables. Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ Produce Saver is a brand new food storage container that uses revolutionary FreshVent™ technology to keep produce fresher up to 80% longer (when compared to store packaging). The containers are BPA free and dishwasher safe which makes clean up that much easier.
Rubbermaid® Freshworks™ Produce Saver uses Revolutionary FreshVent™ Technology which is a patented membrane that naturally regulates the flow of O2 and CO2 to create the optimal environment to keep your produce nearly as fresh as the day it was picked.
With spring in full swing, you’ll want to make a fun and flavorful dish that are perfect for barbecues. This ridiculously easy pasta with bacon BLT Pasta Salad is perfect as an appetizer, side-dish, or even a main dish.
What are some of your favorite picnic dishes to make this time of year?
BLT Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces Ditalini shaped pasta elbow macaroni or rotini pasta may be substituted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 12 slices bacon chopped
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes
- 2½ cups chopped romain lettuce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional to taste
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, cook 16 ounces of pasta according to directions.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over stove top then chop once cooled.
- Drain pasta and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside.
- Chop lettuce and tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and pasta noodles then toss everything together until coated.
- Stir in lettuce, chopped bacon, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and cheddar cheese.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- red onions
- green onions
- garlic powder
- freshly minced garlic
- elbow macaroni
- rotini pasta
- homemade ranch dressing
- black pepper
- sour cream
- turkey bacon
- flavored mayo
- roma tomatoes, or grape tomatoes
- pepperjack cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese, feta cheese, blue cheese, goat cheese
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!