This post is brought to you courtesy of Hillshire Farm® but all the opinions and content are mine.
Spanish Stuffed Sausage Peppers
There is something comforting about making a one-pot skillet dinner. Just like a sheet pan supper, one-pot dishes are made conveniently without all the extra pans and dishes. If you’re looking for a super simple dish to make for the family, this one-pot wonder is the dish for you. Cooler weather means we’re inside more and when the sun goes down early, we want to get dinner on the table and have a little time with the family before the night is over.
When it comes to dinner, I like it be simple and quick. What I love about this skillet dinner is that while the Spanish rice cooks, the Beef Polska Kielbasa sausage from Hillshire Farm® warms up and adds flavor to the rice. Also, the peppers get done at the same time the skillet dinner is ready, making this a simple super recipe.
There are plenty of ways to change up this recipe, too. I love to add fresh spinach to the skillet to add more flavor. Also, I’ve made this recipe substituting the Spanish rice with both orzo and quinoa. One of my favorite ways to serve these peppers is with a bunch of toppings. Sliced avocados, salsa, sour cream, cilantro, tomatoes and onions do this dish wonders. Of course, the beef sausage and Spanish rice filling tastes great alone and can be served as a dish alone.
This recipe has a little bit of everything. It has protein from the beef sausage and black beans and plenty of vitamins and minerals from the peppers, corn and avocado.
The peppers can be prepared a few ways. They can be placed in a skillet with a little water at the bottom or eaten raw. However, for this recipe, I just popped them in the microwave while I had the rice skillet on the stove. That way, everything is done at the same time. Don’t you just love the freshly grated melted cheese on the top?
I think I could eat sausage stuffed peppers every day. If you know me, then you know I love the convenience of skillet dinners. The beef sausage is fully cooked, which means that it just needs to be warmed up and what better way then to add it the rice to give it addition flavoring. This dish is great to have during busy weeknight dinners. The ingredients are simple and any meal that is made in under 25 minutes is worth trying!
The idea for this recipe came to me while I was at Target. I bought the Hillshire Farm® Beef Polska Kielbasa at Target® along with all the other ingredients, including the peppers! The sausages can be found in the refrigerated aisle department. Receive 20% off the product at Target® by using Cartwheel Savings.
Our family loves #CreateYourDeliciousSkillet. What are your favorite skillet dinners to make?
Spanish Stuffed Sausage Peppers
- 6.9 oz . Spanish rice
- 12 oz . Hillshire Farm® Beef Polska Kielbasa Sausage
- 1 + 1/2 cups corn
- 1 can black beans , rinsed
- 3 fresh peppers ( I used green, red, yellow), halved
- 1 cup freshly grated pepper jack cheese
- [b]Additional Toppings
- Sour Cream
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook rice according to package directions. Place sausage and corn in same skillet to heat with about 1/4 cup extra water.
- Meanwhile, prepare the peppers. Wash peppers and cut in half. Remove seeds and then coat each half with a little olive oil. Peppers can be prepared a few ways: Place the bell pepper halves, cut sides down, on a microwave-safe dish; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes and 30 seconds or until pepper halves are crisp-tender. Let stand, covered, 3 minutes (peppers will soften). Alternatively, this can be done in the oven (see notes for directions).
- Once rice is done cooking, remove sausage and chop on a cutting board, then return to skillet. Rise black beans and add to skillet then stir it together. Scoop mixture into each pepper half and place in baking dish. Top with grated pepper jack cheese and cover until it melts.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hillshire Farm®. The opinions and text are all mine.