Light, refreshing and fresh caprese pasta salad made with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, olive oil and spices and tossed together with pasta noodles.
This pasta salad is light and is always great to serve for any holiday or party. Both family and guests love this pasta salad. It’s easy to prepare and uses few ingredients. Serve as a side dish, appetizer or add some shredded chicken and enjoy as the main meal. Have this on the table in 15 minutes for everyone to enjoy.
Change up the traditional pasta salad and make this dish that is much healthier than others. Make this dish even healthier by serving it with whole wheat organic pasta.
Caprese is the perfect combination of flavors in each bite. Ripe tomatoes, sweet basil and creamy mozzarella cheese comes together to create a flavorful pasta salad. This recipes screams summer in a bowl.
We promise you’ll want to serve this at your next BBQ, dinner party, lunch snack, family reunion, holiday party and just about any other occasion.
The tomatoes and cheese marinate in this pesto vinaigrette and infuse the pasta with Mediterranean flavors. This is what dreams are made of! I wish I had something like this when I was a vegetarian 10 years ago. I’d eat this everyday.
To make this recipe, you’ll need pasta noodles, any kind will do but I used cavatappi pasta. Other ingredients include plenty of fresh basil, olive oil, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Start by boiling a pot of water on the stove top. Add a little olive oil to the pot and boil according to package directions. Once done, drain water in strainer and wash pasta under cold water then drain it again.
In a blender, prepare the pesto. Combine fresh basil leaves, parsley, olive oil, splash of lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Be careful on the salt, just a little is needed to give it flavor. You can always add more salt or pepper if needed before tossing with pasta. Blend everything together until it’s finely chopped.
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together and top with an leftover fresh basil leaves. Coat everything good for best results.
Caprese Pasta Salad
- 3/4 pound cavatappi pasta
- cherry / grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces small mozzarella balls
- 1 cup (1 ounce) fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- splash of lemon juice
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Fill large pot with water and 1 tablespoon olive oil then place on stove top over medium high heat. Cook pasta according to directions then rinse under cold water and allow water to drain. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine fresh basil leaves, fresh parsley, Parmesan cheese, 4 tablespoons olive oil, splash of lemon juice and blend until coarsely chopped. Add pepper and salt to taste. Mix pasta, mozzarella cheese balls, tomatoes and basil mixture together until combined well.