Authentic 7 Layer Mexican Dip served with corn tortillas. This dip starts with spiced beans, fresh guacamole and sour cream and is topped with fresh vegetables.
There is something beautiful about this time of year and it has to do with football. There is nothing better than getting together with family and friends to watch the game. Of course, football and game day appetizers go hand and hand. It seems that every week our friends get together to watch a football game. Whether it is college football or pro, you can bet we are cheering on our favorite team with appetizers.
Football fans, foodies, and chefs alike are all invited to enter their go-to game day dish with one or more ingredients being a food or beverage item purchased at a Chevron Texaco station.
Our favorite snacks include, guacamole, sliders, BBQ wings, taco dip cups, sangria, potato wedges, coconut shrimp, cheese dip, chili, fried cheese curds and pulled pork sandwiches.
No matter what team you’re on, you’re bound to mingle with friends and snack on some food. What better way to get involved than to make something for everyone to enjoy. Score a touchdown this year and make your own appetizer!
Get the whole family together for game day. Cook up some delicious food and make memories together!
Layered Mexican Bean Dip
- 1 large bag of tortilla chips
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 lime
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tsp cumin
- olive oil
- 3 avocados (peeled, pitted and sliced)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice or fresh lime
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 3 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- 2 cups lettuce (shredded)
- ¼ cup parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup cheese (any kind)
- Drain both cans of beans and rinse well. Toss in blender with 1-2 tablespoons lime juice, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeno, cumin and a little olive oil and 2 tablespoons water then blend until mostly smooth.
- Add additional water if needed to smooth and add any salt or pepper to taste. Using a spatula, evenly spread across a 8 x 11-inch casserole dish.
- Rinse blender then add chopped peeled, pitted and mashed avocados, lemon juice and olive oil then blend until smooth.
- Spread avocado mixture over beans.
- Spread sour cream on top of avocado mixture.
- Top with chopped lettuce, cucumber, diced tomatoes, parsley and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.
Thank you The Game Day Chef Challenge for sponsoring this conversation. #GameDayChef