Thank you The Game Day Chef Challenge for sponsoring this conversation. #GameDayChef
Authentic 7 Layer Mexican Dip served with corn tortillas. This dip starts with spiced beans, fresh guacamole and sour cream and is topped with fresh vegetables.
There is something beautiful about this time of year and it has to do with football. There is nothing better than getting together with family and friends to watch the game. Of course, football and game day appetizers go hand and hand. It seems that every week our friends get together to watch a football game. Whether it is college football or pro, you can bet we are cheering on our favorite team with appetizers.
The Game Day Chef Challenge
The Game Day Chef Challenge is back! Chevron’s second annual Chevron Game Day Chef Challenge is officially underway. Chevron is carrying on the search for the best game day dish featuring one or more ingredients purchased at a Chevron Texaco station. The prize is huge.
Top honors will win $25,000 in Chevron Gift Cards – Read official rules here.
But before you leave, make sure to enter our giveaway below!
Football fans, foodies, and chefs alike are all invited to enter their go-to game day dish with one or more ingredients being a food or beverage item purchased at a Chevron Texaco station.
Our favorite snacks include, guacamole, sliders, BBQ wings, taco dip cups, sangria, potato wedges, coconut shrimp, cheese dip, chili, fried cheese curds and pulled pork sandwiches.
Contestants 18 and older from Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming can submit their game day recipe, to TheGameDayChef.com from August 1, 2015 to September 30, 2015. The recipe must feature at least one or more ingredients purchased from Chevron Texaco Station. Must be 18 and older to enter.
To learn more about The Game Day Chef Challenge, the official rules or about regional and finalist prizes visit www.TheGameDayChef.com.
No matter what team you’re on, you’re bound to mingle with friends and snack on some food. What better way to get involved than to make something for everyone to enjoy. Score a touchdown this year and make your own appetizer!
Get the whole family together for game day. Cook up some delicious food and make memories together!
For more inspiration, follow the Game Day Chef Challenge: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube
Layered Mexican Bean Dip
- 1 large bag of tortilla chips (, from Chevron)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cilantro (, chopped)
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- olive oil
- 3 avocados (, peeled, pitted and sliced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or fresh lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 + 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 roma tomatoes (, diced)
- 1 cucumber (, diced)
- 2 cups lettuce (, shredded)
- 1/4 cup parsley (, chopped)
- 1 cup cheese (, any kind)
- Drain both cans of beans and rinse well. Toss in blender with 1-2 tablespoons lime juice, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeno, cumin and a little olive oil and 2 tablespoons water then blend until mostly smooth. Add additional water if needed to smooth and add any salt or pepper to taste. Using a spatula, evenly spread across a 8 x 11 casserole dish. Rinse blender then add chopped peeled, pitted and mashed avocados, lemon juice and olive oil then blend until smooth. Spread avocado mixture over beans. Spread sour cream on top of avocado mixture. Top with chopped lettuce, cucumber, diced tomatoes, parsley and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.