“I was invited to be a brand representative for Ragú® and have been compensated for this post for SocialStars. All opinions are my own.” Just created the ultimate Ragú® #NewTraDish mash up recipe the whole family will love as part of a sponsored post for SocialStars.
Ragú® New TraDish Kebabs
Family dinners are important. It’s important that everyone gets together at least a few times a week to talk about what’s going on in their life. It’s also important to bond and share in fun times together. That’s where these appetizers come into play. Since we are talking about appetizers, wouldn’t these be great for game day football?!?
Garden Style Margheirta Chicken Kebabs with Super Chunky Mushroom Ragú® Dipping Sauce. Ah, I think I’m in love. This recipe is so simple to put together leaving you time to spend with your family and friends on game day!
Everybody loves a kebab loaded with meat, fresh vegetables and cheese. The dipping sauce is also part of the fun. Of course, pouring the sauce over the kebabs will be equally delicious, but I love to load up on sauce with each bite! Let’s talk my inspiration behind these delicious and satisfying kebabs. I wanted to make a simple yet delicious appetizer that would be great for football games this time of year. Something that requires little prep and very few ingredients is key. Behold these beautiful Garden Style + Margherita Chicken Kebabs + Super Chunky Mushroom Ragú® Sauce = Dipping fun! Lots of fun to share this recipe with football fans on the big day!
In case you’re wondering what all the buzz is about the Ragú® New Tra-Dish; it’s simple. Ragú® has tons of classic recipes on their website; recipes we’ve all grown up to love and use. Recipes that have become traditions to serve over the years. Now, this is the fun part. Mix and match 2 classic recipes and make one new dish – a New TraDish! The best part, Ragú® has a bunch of new sauces to try with this challenge!
Ragú® has the Authentic Italian taste American family’s love and a variety of great tasting, quick and easy to make family favorite recipes.
The Ragú® Tra-Dish challenge has been fun and rewarding. Who wouldn’t want to eat these kebabs on game day. In fact, it was such a hit, I doubled the recipe! It has all the delicious flavors found in the garden plus savory baked chicken with fresh mozzarella and Ragú® Sauce.
My inspiration came from two of my favorite Ragú® recipes. The first one is Margherita Chicken with fresh mozzarella, basil, chicken and Ragú® Sauce and sometimes savored with pasta. I love this simple, yet tasteful recipe that is made in under 30 minutes. This incredibly easy dish turns out wonderful each time. It’s one of my favorite meals.
In addition to the first dish, I wanted to pair the ingredients with more fresh vegetables. In fact, this recipe has all the flavors found in a garden. To get these flavors I mixed and matched up the Chunky Garden Style Pizza. I used mushrooms, green peppers and tomatoes with Chunky Mushroom Ragú® Sauce. The Ragú® Sauce is a lot of fun and it makes the dish or appetizer, in this case.
Together these two recipes create a delicious and fulfilling kebab that is a lot of fun to serve as a game day appetizer!
The ingredients and preparations are simple and are designed to give you more time to spend with friends and family on game day. Nobody wants to spend hours putting together food instead of having fun and watching football.
Behold, the 8 ingredient list! That’s right, eight ingredients found at every grocery store! Let’s start with the fresh vegetables. Basil, green peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes. Chicken, mozzarella cheese balls and Super Chunky Ragú® Sauce. Voilà! Now, grab some kebab sticks or simply use the ones you already have at home.
Now, this is the easy part, slice the chicken into strips and place in a skillet with water and a little olive oil. Allow to saute for about 20 minutes on medium high heat. Wash the vegetables and saute the mushrooms, if desired using a little butter. While the chicken is cooking, cut the green pepper into thick strips and then into squares. Once the chicken is done, allow to cool and cut it into square too.
To assemble, I like to get 2 or 3 kebab sticks going at once with all the ingredients neatly organized. The first ingredient (mushroom) should be 2/3 down the stick and 1/3 from the bottom. The order is as follows. Mushroom, cherry tomato, green pepper, chicken, basil, mozzarella cheese ball, tomato, green pepper, mushroom and chicken. Have 2 or 3 sticks going at once and this process doesn’t take long. Get the kids involved and it should only take a few minutes.
Meanwhile, heat up a jar of Super Chunky Mushroom Ragú® Sauce. Place the kebabs on a plate and serve the Ragú® Sauce in little bowls. Each guest will be able to dip to their desire!
When game day strikes, make these simple and delicious Garden Style Margherita Chicken Kebabs with Super Chunky Ragú® Sauce. Ragú® sauces have a delicious taste the whole family will love. It’s no surprise families, like mine, have been using Ragú® Sauce as our secret ingredient for many years.
I challenge you to try Ragú® New TraDish! What will you come up with?
If you would like to get involved with Ragú® Sauce Masters you can learn more here. Click this link.
Find great recipes, mash ups & New TraDish recipes from Ragú®. Follow Ragú® on the social media links below!
Check out Ragú® New TraDishes on social media
Garden Style Margherita Chicken Kebabs with Ragú® Dipping Sauce
- 1 Ragú® Super Chunky Mushroom Sauce Jar
- 1 package mushrooms
- 2 green peppers , sliced into squares
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella Cheese Balls
- 3 boneless chicken breasts , sliced
- Seasoning for the chicken
- Kebab sticks
- In a large skillet, cover just the bottom of the pan with water and place on stove top over medium/high heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, optional. Slice chicken into long strips and place in pan. Cover with lid and continue to saute chicken for 10 minutes on each side, 20 minutes total or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Take out of pan, season with any spices or pepper and allow to cool. Once cool, cut into squares.
- Wash vegetables and pat dry. You can eat mushrooms raw or sauté them in a pan for 5 minutes. If sautéing them, place in a small pan on medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon butter and allow to sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Once chicken is done, cut into long stripes then cut into squares.
- To assemble kebabs, use this order. First, poke mushroom through spear and place 2/3 to the bottom. Order as follows: Mushroom, green pepper square, cherry tomato, chicken square, basil, mozzarella cheese ball, cherry tomato, green pepper square, chicken. You can get three kebabs sticks going at once to decrease time. Heat Ragú® Sauce on stove top and pour into little bowls. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired. Kebabs can dipped in Ragú® Sauce or you can pour Ragú® Sauce over the top of the kebabs before serving. Makes up to 12 kebabs.