This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Van’s Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.
Basil Sun-Dried Tomato Baked Brie
A molten wheel of brie cheese with sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, honey roasted pecans and sliced almonds. Served with seasoned crackers for the perfect snack or appetizer.
Creamy cheese spreads are a snack essential. A savory dip deserves bragging rights and this dish is no exception. Snacking should be simple, delicious and wholesome. Even better if it’s gluten-free with whole grain, clean and simple ingredient crackers.
The combination of brie, basil and sun-dried tomatoes has become a family favorite since we first had it in a quiet little shop in the French Quarter. It may sound a little strange with sweet honey roasted pecans and almonds, but I promise the flavors are delicious and one-of-a-kind!
Perhaps one of the best parts of snacking is the different variety of recipes to make with a few simple ingredients. I love to keep Van’s Simply Delicious® Foods Gluten Free, Whole Grain Crackers on hand for everyday snack ideas. They come in a variety of flavors such as, Fire Roasted Veggie Cracker, Crackers Say Cheese! Cracker, Perfect 10 Cracker and Lots of Everything Cracker that makes it perfect to pair with just about any dish. The added flavor of each cracker means keeping the ingredient list short.
In in the past, I’d always visit my favorite shops to enjoy molten brie. While I still love to enjoy those places with my family, I’m all about making this snack at home. This way, I can pair it with a variety of crackers that we regularly use.
How does one get the cheese perfectly warm and melted? It starts with a wheel of cheese that gets baked in the oven for 10 minutes. Once out of the oven, the rind is cut into to allow the melted cheese to fill the plate. It’s then ready to scoop up with crackers.
To keep this recipe Gluten-Free, I’ve stocked up on Van’s Simply Delicious® Foods Gluten Free, Whole Grain Crackers at Target®. Receive 30% off the purchase of these products at Target® by using Cartwheel Savings here.
To make this recipe, simply chop the fresh herbs and sun-dried tomatoes. Place Brie cheese on a baking sheet and top with the mixture then sprinkle with honey roasted pecans and almonds. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, spread the crackers on a serving plate.
Once the cheese is done baking, allow it to cool for a minute or two before transferring to a plate with two flat kitchen utensil turners.
This baked Brie with crackers is delicious. It’s so good that you’ll want to share the cheese and crackers with everyone just so they can taste what the fuss is all about!
Gluten-free snacks don’t get any better than this. What are your favorite snacks to enjoy with crackers?
Basil Sun-Dried Tomato Baked Brie
- 8 ounces Brie Cheese in natural rind
- 5 ounces Sun-Dried Tomatoes , chopped
- 1/4 cup Basil , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parsley , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Honey Roasted Pecans
- 2 tablespoons Honey Roasted Almonds
- 1 tablespoon Sun-Dried Tomato Oil
- 1 box Van’s Simply Delicious® Foods Gluten Free , Whole Grain Crackers Lots of Everything Cracker
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Separate and strain sun-dried tomatoes from oil. Finely chop sun-dried tomatoes; set aside.
- Chop fresh basil and parsley. Lightly toss fresh herbs, pecans, almonds and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place Brie Cheese in the center. Keep the rind on the cheese; it is edible. Without the rind, the cheese will not hold its shape. However, if you don't like the rind--once the cheese has melted inside and a slice is removed, the cheese will ooze out--rind free.
- Neatly top Brie with tomato/herb mixture. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil over the top. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Arrange Van’s Simply Delicious® Foods Gluten Free, Whole Grain Crackers Lots of Everything Cracker on a large serving plate.
- Once Brie is baked, remove from oven and place on serving plate. Cut a slice of cheese out to remove it. Cheese will ooze lightly. Pair with crackers and use a butter knife for the cheese and herbs.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Van’s Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.