Jack Daniel’s Honey Mustard Chicken
Oven roasted chicken topped with honey and a rich Jack Daniel’s Mustard sauce baked into each bite. Serve over rice to make this a meal. Have dinner on the table in 45 minutes with 5 simple ingredients!
Honey mustard chicken is one of my favorite dishes to prepare for my family. This dish is so easy to make and packs a wonderful and pleasant taste that leaves you wanting more. This recipe doesn’t require many ingredients and it’s no wonder I use it time and time again. With just 5 ingredients this meal can be made within 45 minutes and will be on the table in under an hour.
Imagine if every meal could be planned this easily. Dinner would be on the table in no time at all with a handful of ingredients. If you’re on the go and need to make a quick meal the family will love, this is the recipe, I promise you!
I’ve tried all sorts of mustard’s within the past few years. On my quest to find the best mustard for this dish, I have used Grey Poupon, peppercorn mustard, yellow mustard, brown mustard, Dijon mustard, honey mustard and Jack Daniel’s Mustard. Hands down, Jack Daniel’s Mustard was my favorite flavor to bake this chicken recipe with.
I like to pair the honey mustard chicken with a plate of white/brown rice. The flavors of the sauce really compliment the chicken. Make a meal out of this and have rice or steamed veggies like broccoli as a side dish.
My all-time favorite recipe for baked honey mustard chicken. This chicken doesn’t need any spices to make it hot. The Jack Daniel’s sauce compliments the chicken well enough compared to other mustard’s.
Jack Daniel's Honey Mustard Chicken
- For the Chicken
- 6-8 pieces chicken legs , drums or thighs
- 1/2 cup honey (or 1/3 for less)
- 1/2 cup Mustard , any kind will do (or 1/3 for less)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil , chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- Salt + pepper , optional to taste
- For the Rice
- 1 1/2 cups rice + package directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine honey and mustard then whisk together. Add olive oil, 2 tablespoons fresh bail and thyme then mix. Place chicken in an oven safe casserole dish and slightly salt, if desired. Pour honey mustard mixture of the top. Check oven a few times and using a spoon or turkey baster, pour juices over the top of the chicken. This will bake more flavor into the meat and will give it that nice brown color. Keep spooning juices over the top and bake until color desired. Bake for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 175 degrees F. Sprinkle the remaining chopped basil over the top of the chicken before serving. Serve chicken over the rice and spoon juices on top if desired.
- For the Rice - Follow package directions to make rice using about 1 1/2 cups of rice to feed 4 people.