I’m sharing French’s® in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™ #FrenchsCrowd #FrenchsMustard
Creamy golden potatoes dressed in a spicy brown mustard and ranch, sour cream dressing. Loaded with sharp cheddar cheese, green onions, and bacon, this delicious potato salad is a new twist on a classic summertime dish. Serve during holidays, summer parties, barbecues and family get-togethers.
Summer is fastly approaching and that means it’s time to fire up the grill and host a party. This time of year, I prefer to use the grill as my method of cooking. I love the chargrilled taste of tender, juicy meat in a mustard sauce served with a creamy potato salad. What I love about potato salad is that it serves a lot of people without a lot of effort, and it’s so easy to make a good one.
No backyard barbecue is complete without potato salad. This classic and timeless dish has a permanent place on our summertime menu. When potato salad is made right, it’s something pretty special. It’s placed alongside juicy steaks, grilled chicken, burgers or hot dogs, and balances out the charred flavors of the grill with potato salad’s creamy attributes. During summer, I love to make this dish with fresh herbs like parsley and green onions from the garden.
Just as important as potato salad is to summer, French’s® mustard has a dedicated place on my barbecue menu, too. Although French’s is known for its iconic Classic Yellow Mustard, did you know that it also has a deliciously bold tasting Spicy Brown mustard AND a smooth and creamy Dijon mustard, too? These variety of mustard are best paired with salads, pasta, meat sauces and more. For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these recipes on Pinterest.
Get bold with the big taste of French’s® Spicy Brown Mustard. It’s the kick that goes way beyond French’s Classic Yellow mustard, making everything from chicken wings to brats, po-boys, and burgers come alive with exceptional flavor. Squeeze it on thick and make the ordinary incredible.
Whether you use mustard to top hot dogs or hamburgers or to create your own healthy salad dressings or if it’s the “secret ingredient” for your world famous marinade, French’s mustard is a must-have staple for those memorable summer barbecue parties. With its variety of mustards, there is no limit to how you can add more flavor to any summer dish.
Potato salad is the perfect side dish to serve to the family or a hungry crowd. How can anyone go wrong with potatoes dressed in a creamy mustard and ranch sour cream dressing topped with loads of cheese and bacon?
Maybe it’s my Mid-Western roots calling me out or maybe it’s just that mustard tastes better with everything!
Loaded Ranch Potato Salad
- 48 ounces golden yellow potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 16 ounces sour cream (about 1 + 1/2 cups)
- 2 + 1/2 tablespoons French’s® Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 ounce ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup fresh curly parsley, chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 stalks green onions, diced
- In a large pot, boil water on stove top. Peel potatoes then place in boiling pot of water and boil for 20-30 minutes.Meanwhile, cook 7 strips of bacon until crispy then place on paper towel. to drain. Chop green onions, parsley, and bacon; set aside.In a small bowl, mix sour cream, French’s® Spicy Brown Mustard, ranch seasoning powder, parsley, green onions, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.In a large bowl, slightly mash potatoes, leaving it chunky. Add sour cream mixture and mix well. Fold in cheddar cheese and chipped bacon. Flavors will become enhanced the longer it sits refrigerated.