A perfectly balanced island cake with individual layers of yellow cake, creamy pineapple pudding, cream cheese, whipped cream, coconut, and cherries. This Millionaire’s Cake is a little slice of dessert heaven made in a sheet pan.
A rich yellow cake with shaved coconut, a pineapple cream cheese pudding center, and a light whipped cream topping with cherries and coconut. Millionaire’s Cake recipe is truly a decadent sheet cake that’s known for being easy to make from scratch. You’ll love it for its simple richness, and delicious island flavor all in one spoonful.
Better than sex cake: A supremely moist cake that tastes good and is made with lots of love in the kitchen. No fancy tools needed, just a greased and floured pan, and a mixing bowl and you’ll have this easy million dollar cake served in no time at all. Perfect for a birthday celebration, spring and summer holidays, and potlucks.
HOW TO MAKE MILLIONAIRE’S CAKE
- Flour the pan.
- Add the cake mix, oil, and eggs.
- Mix on low speed.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Mix pudding ingredients and beat with cream cheese.
- Spread over cake.
- Add pineapple on top.
- Evenly spread whipped cream.
- Top with coconut and cherries.
Retreat to a tropical paradise
Requiring no special seasonal ingredients, this cake is a front runner to make during the cooler winter and fall months, too, especially when it’s difficult to travel on a tropical island getaway. Easy enough to make at home while sipping a pina colada in hand.
A cake with plenty of layers…
Millionaire’s cake is not your typical cake. In fact, this cake has a great amount of filling and requires only 1/2 of the typical boxed cake mix in a normal cake. Don’t worry though, the creamy pineapple cream cheese pudding center and whipped cream topping with coconut fill up the cake pan with plenty of island flavor so much so that you won’t ask where the rest of the cake is.
MILLIONAIRE CAKE INGREDIENTS
■ YELLOW CAKE: I use a standard box of yellow cake mix for this recipe. Only half of the mix is needed since it has additional layers of filling that stack up to a regular size cake when serving. Easily one of the BEST recipes for boxed yellow cake mix.
■ PINEAPPLE PUDDING: A thick creamy layer of cream cheese and pineapple pudding add flavor to the moist cake without being too fancy. Feel free to use vanilla pudding if you cannot find the pineapple flavor.
■ WHIPPED CREAM: Quick and easy whipped cream frosting that is light and perfect for this dreamy island cake. Make your own homemade or use whipped topping from the store.
■ COCONUT: A touch of the tropics spread across the cake. Coconut is a must on this dessert cake.
■ CHERRIES: Classic maraschino cherries. Feel free to use fresh ones that are in season if desired.
CAKE QUESTIONS & TIPS
Can I bake the whole cake mix? Yes, you can. However, you’ll have to double the topping ingredients since it’s only for half the cake mix.
How do I measure out half the ingredients for the cake mix? Simply eyeball it or measure out half of the cake mix for best results. Do use half the ingredients listed to make the cake listed on the box as well.
FAVORITE CAKE RECIPES
- STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE: Deliciously moist white cake filled with whipped cream and strawberries in the center and on top of the cake.
- PEACH DELIGHT CAKE: Simply the best peach cake known for its simple ingredients and rich flavor. Made with a box of yellow cake mix, butter, and peaches, you’ll love this recipe as much as our family does.
- TRIPLE CHOCOLATE POKE CAKE: Perfect chocolate cake with sweetened condensed milk, fudge filling, and chocolate frosting. A chocolate lover’s dream dessert cake.
- CHANTILLY CAKE: The BEST almond-flavored yellow cake with almond frosting and fresh berries.
- 1 box yellow cake mix + ½ box ingredients listed
- 3.4 oz pineapple pudding + box ingredients (may use vanilla pudding)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 22 oz crushed pineapple (juice drained)
- 16 oz whipped cream
- ⅔ cup shaved coconut
- 10 oz marachino cherries (juice drained)
- Grease and flour a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Beat on low ½ cake mix plus ½ of each ingredient listed on the cake mix box.
- Pour into prepare dish.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Whisk together pudding ingredients.
- Mix in softened cream cheese and beat until smooth. Spread over the cake.
- Drain pineapple chunks and evenly spread on top.
- Spread whipped cream topping on top of cake.
- Sprinkle on coconut and place maraschino cherries on top.