Caramel Apple Pumpkin Delight
No Bake Caramel Apple Pumpkin Delight with a cookie crust bottom and filled with a layer of pumpkin pudding, lady fingers, apple pie filling and caramel sauce then topped with a caramel frosting.
Fall is officially here and I’m kicking off the season with this No Bake Caramel Apple Pumpkin Delight. This is my favorite time of year and I’m excited to share this dessert because pumpkin and apple are my favorite flavors to bake with.
I love a good no-bake dessert. One that doesn’t require any baking or cooking and can be made in a pinch.
And since we are talking about this time of year, if you live in the south then you know that it’s hot here. The leaves don’t fall until January 1st and September is as warm as August. I’ve spent my whole life in Wisconsin and a few months ago when I visited, it was getting to 45 degrees at night in early August. I couldn’t believe it. Has it always been this cold or do I have thin skin (as they say).
This “cake” if you will starts with a cookie crust with warm cinnamon spice, brown sugar and butter. The filling has a few different layers and even some sponge cake in the center. It has a silky smooth pumpkin pudding center and a separate caramel apple filling sandwiched between a layer of lady fingers.
Caramel Apple Pumkin Delight is best served several hours to a day after making. I like to let the cake soak in a little. This is especially important for the lady fingers as they soak up some pumpkin and take on the flavor as well as stabilize the filling of the cake more.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
No Bake Caramel Apple Pumpkin Delight
- Cookie Crust
- 2 cups Nila Waffers
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 + 1/2 teaspoon butter , melted
- 1 package vanilla pudding (3.5 oz)
- 1 + 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 package lady fingers
- 21 ounces canned apple pie filling
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar , sifted
- Place Nila Waffer cookies, cinnamon, brown sugar and melted butter into a blender and blend until smooth. Press into a 9 x 9 pan and refrigerate while making the filling.
- Combine milk and pudding in a bowl and whisk until it starts to get thick. Stir in pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and mix until smooth. Spread over cooled crust. Top with lady fingers and gently press into the pumpkin mixture.
- Combine apple pie filling, cinnamon and caramel topping in a bowl and mix together. Spread over lady finger / pumpkin pudding.
- Top with whipped cream or make a caramel frosting. To make the frosting, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted, add brown sugar and heavy cream. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved then add the salt. Allow to bubble for exactly 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Beat in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, until you reach desired consistency. Frost over cake and refrigerate for a least a few hours to over night. Taste best the next day.