Strawberry bruschetta is a delightful and tasty appetizer to make for a crowd. Made with fresh summer strawberries, and a light, and creamy whipped brown sugar cream cheese filling, you’ll find plenty of occasions to serve this bruschetta on your menu, even as a dessert.
How to Make Strawberry Bruschetta
- Dip bread into melted butter.
- Top with brown sugar.
- Bake in 360°F oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Spread a layer of brown sugar cream cheese on top.
- Add diced strawberries.
- Garnish with mint, a dusting of powdered sugar, and a drizzle of honey.
Strawberry Bruschetta Ingredients
- STRAWBERRIES: Fresh strawberries are the highlight of this recipe and a real treat to savor, especially when they are in season. For the best appearance and least mess, finely dice the strawberries.
- CREAM CHEESE: I enjoy the cream cheese filling with a light texture. To achieve this, simply cream it for a few minutes with a hand mixer in combination with mascarpone cheese. For a touch of sweetness, add brown sugar and cinnamon for flavor.
- BREAD: A crusty loaf of baguette bread offers the best bite-sized appetizer and holds its shape and texture well.
- MINT: fresh is best.
- HONEY: A drizzle of honey adds delicious warmth that shouldn’t be skipped.
- Balsamic Glaze – Just a drizzle.
- Berries – a combination of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries.
- Fruit – peaches, kiwi, pineapple, apricots, apples, or grapes.
- Nuts – toasted almonds, or walnuts. Candied pecans or regular pecans are good choices as well.
- Cheese – A tangy cheese like gorgonzola, blue cheese, or goat cheese offers additional flavor while keeping it simple. A mild cheese like fresh mozzarella pairs well, too.
- Jam in place of fresh fruit.
- Extracts – Almond or vanilla.
Reader Tips and Questions
Can I make this recipe ahead of time? Yes. A day or two in advance will work without the bread spoiling. To save time, prepare the ingredients ahead of time and add the strawberries the day of serving. Of course, for the best results, make this recipe the same day.
How should I store the bruschetta? Place the appetizer on a plate or tray in a single layer then cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it. Remove it from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to serving.
How long does this recipe keep? The bruschetta will retain most of its texture the same day. However, I find it palatable for 1-3 days.
- 1 lb strawberries finely diced
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 8 oz container cream cheese spread
- 4 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 6 tbsp light brown sugar divded
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon divided
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 loaf baguette bread cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1½ tbsp mint finely chopped
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Mix 3 tbsp brown sugar and ¼ tsp cinnamon in a bowl; set aside.
- Dip one side of bread into melted butter.
- Top bread generously with the mixture and brush excess off. Line onto baking sheet.
- Bake in a 360°F oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Cream the cream cheese, 3 tbsp brown sugar, salt, and ¼ cinnamon until light and fluffy.
- Spread a thick layer across each slice.
- Mix strawberries and sugar then add on top of bruschetta.
- Garnish with mint, a drizzle of honey, and powdered sugar.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it’s accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You’ll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!