Sugar Crusted + Iced Pumpkin Bread
Whether you’re craving a sweet breakfast or a delicious dessert , this pumpkin bread is a must. This time of season, I like all things pumpkin and I’ll admit that I’ve already made this a few times to snack on this year. I love warm bread and enjoy it especially in the morning.
This bread is like pound cake, very thick yet full of moisture. It’s topped with thick layer of a baked sugar and cinnamon crust and is then topped with dreamy icing. The crust is delectable while the bread is moist and full of pumpkin flavor. Bake this for the family and enjoy it with a warm cup of coffee, tea or juice.
Pumpkin bread is incredibly easy to make. In fact, it doesn’t even require a mixer, just a bowl and spatula/spoon and a bread loaf pan. We’ve used a healthy amount of pumpkin puree in this recipe and paired it with the perfect amount of warm spices to enhance the flavor. While the bread is good on it’s own, I like to top with homemade Cinnamon Honey Butter.
The butter is whipped with honey, powdered sugar and cinnamon and adds a delicious sweetness to the bread that pairs together wonderfully. Since the butter only takes a few minutes to make, it’s a must try!
Possibly the best of the making this recipe is being able to smell it bake in the oven for over an hour. The pumpkin and spice aroma was so strong, it brought everyone out of their bedroom. This time of year is just my favorite. There is so much happiness in making homemade food. Most importantly, it brings loved one’s together and that alone brings so much satisfaction.
More about this bread. It tastes great topped with ice cream, butter and maple syrup. It can be made ahead of time and enjoyed throughout the week. The sugar crust and icing is a must! To store the bread, wrap it tightly in saran wrap or foil and store in a freezer safe bag. Thaw before serving.
Sugar Crusted Iced Pumpkin Bread
- 1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 + 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 + 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 3 egg whites
- Sugar Crust
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or great it. Whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder and baking soda in small bowl. Cream together sugar, yogurt and egg whites in a large bowl. Mix in pumpkin pie spice then slowly mix in dry ingredients. Pour into loaf pan. Mix together cinnamon and sugar then sprinkle evenly over the top of bread mixture. Bake in oven for 90 minutes. Half way through, press down sugar crust, if needed. To check for readiness, insert a butter knife into the center; if it comes out clean it's done, otherwise bake a little longer. Allow to cool before transferring to wire rack. Mix together powdered sugar and water to make icing then drizzle over the top.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!