Pecan Pie Bars
Rich and flavorful Pecan Pie Bars with a sugar cookie crust and pecan filling sweetened naturally with pure maple syrup and honey and smothered with pecans. If you love Pecan Pie, you’ll love these Pecan Pie Bars!
Pecan Pie is a Thanksgiving staple every year in my family. My family loves Pecan Pie and the decision to offer more pecan pie filling desserts has never been easier to make. This classic dessert has been remade into Pecan Pie Bars with a soft sugar cookie bar and lots of rich, gooey, homemade pecan filling baked on top the crust.
All the great flavors of pecan pie in a delicious cookie bar. This recipe cannot be any easier to make. If you shy away from making pie crust, try this recipe that uses 4 ingredients to make this super simple shortbread cookie crust.
Skip using corn syrup and try using pure maple syrup and honey to sweeten the pie filling. It packs a lot of flavor as is one of my favorite substitutes to use during the holiday season.
These gooey dessert bars are the ultimate pecan lover’s dream dessert.
You cannot beat a simply buttery shortbread crust with a decadent pecan pie filling, that’s for sure!
These bars would be great for Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Serve it up with other traditional dishes or make this the only pecan pie dessert this year. This dessert is packed with crunchy and toasted pecans, creamy and gooey caramel sweetened filling and delicious cookie crust bottom.
These cookie bars taste just like the real thing. Seriously, ya’ll need to try this recipe!
Pecan Pie Bars
- For the Crust:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine , cut up
- For the Topping:
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in large bowl; cut in 3/4 cup butter thoroughly with a pastry blender until mixture resembles very fine crumbs. Press mixture evenly into a greased 13" x 9" pan, using a piece of plastic wrap to press crumb mixture firmly in pan. Bake at 350° for 17 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- To prepare the filling, place medium saucepan on stove top. Combine butter, brown sugar, honey and maple syrup and stir over medium heat. Add cream/milk and allow to simmer for a few minutes. Stir in chopped pecans and stir well. Remove crust from oven and pour pecan filling evenly over the top of the cookie crust, spreading what mixture you can with a spatula. Return dish to the oven and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes. Be careful not to overcook because the cookie may come out hard. Allow to cool for about 30 minute to an hour before cutting.