If chicken is one of your main household favorites then this juicy and tender Air Fryer Chicken Bites recipe is perfect for you! I love that I can cook these bites in just 12-minutes with very little prep and my family can choose their portion. Because they are bites, they go well serving them over rice and pastas or even in salads. These bites come heavenly seasoned and are of restaurant quality. I like to dip mine in tzatziki sauce, hummus, or a garlic yogurt sauce.
An Air fryer Chicken Bites recipe without any breading or deep frying. Simply a quick and easy way to prepare bite size pieces of white meat chicken breasts in a matter of just 12 minutes. No frying, no baking, no roasting, no sautéing, and no breading. You’ll this tasty, rich, and savory lemon pepper chicken for dinner or lunch.
Cutting a piece of meat and seasoning small pieces means there is more flavor in each bite as your seasoning per bit surface is greater. You can enjoy mixing this recipe up with some of your favorite seasonings.
Air fryer anything is great, but you will love how tender, juicy, moist, and quick your air fryer chicken will cook these chicken breast chunks.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Bites.
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F for 5 minutes.
- Trim rib meat.
- Cut chicken into chunks.
- Place into a bowl.
- Toss with oil.
- Whisk dry garlic salt, Mrs. Dash, and lemon pepper together.
- Toss well with oiled chicken.
- Evenly space chicken in air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 380°F for 10-13 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with vegetables, rice, noodles, dips, or sauce.
Air Fryer Chicken Bites Ingredients
Chicken breasts: Trim and discard all the fat. This recipe is extremely healthy as the meat doesn’t sit and cook in its fat. It’s boneless and also doesn’t have any dark meat but rather white meat. Note that it may be made with dark meat. I’d suggest removing the skin then cutting bits and pieces of the dark meat off the chicken. Time may be reduced since chicken chunks may be smaller.
Oil: Both vegetable oil, canola oil, peanut oil, or olive oil work perfectly fine to moisten the chicken pieces. Oiling the chicken will help the spices, herbs, and seasoning to adhere to the chicken. Tip: The bottom of the air fryer does not need to be oiled. Also, to make clean up easier, I bought air fryer inserts to insert into the bottom of the fryer basket to make it easier to clean up any oil and mess afterwards.
Seasonings: Lemon pepper, garlic, salt, Mrs. Dash. I love the combination of this dry mixture. Simply whisk it together and toss it evenly with the chicken and watch it transform boring chicken into tender, scrumptious bites of savory, rich chicken.
Chicken Bites Dips and Sauces Ideas
- soy sauce
- honey mustard
- tzatziki sauce
- garlic yogurt sauce
- avocado cream cheese dip
- lemon sauce
- lemon vinaigrette
- spicy aioli
- lemon herb tahini
- tahini sauce
- marinara sauce
- garlic butter
- peanut sauce
- onion dill dip
- queso dip
- hot mustard
How to Serve Chicken
Serve these succulent spicy garlic bites with steamed rice, fried rice, butter noodles, marinara sauce and noodles, air fryer baked potatoes, steamed cauliflower, roasted broccoli, linguine, penne rosa pasta, or other steamed vegetables. During the summer months, we love to make kabobs with this chicken and sautéed vegetables on the stove. I pair it with a variety of sauces and dips that you’ll find above.
Reader Questions and Tips
Yes, you can coat it with the oil and marinade it overnight if you want but it is not necessary.
You would cook chicken to 165 degrees F but you can take out at 160 and it will reach that temperature.
You can leave it out if you want. If you have some of the ingredients its made from listed earlier in here you can use any of those sprinkled lightly.
Air Fryer Chicken Bites
- Air fryer
- 2 lb chicken breasts (rib meat (fat) trimmed and discarded)
- 1 tbsp oil (vegetable or olive oil)
- 1½ tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash, salt free table seasoning blend (or poultry seasoning)
- ¾ tsp garlic salt
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp fresh Italian parsley (minced)
- Preheat air fryer at 380° degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Trim and discard rib meat fat.
- Cut chicken into 1½-inch by 1-inch slices.
- Place into a bowl.
- Pour oil into bowl. Toss and coat chicken well.
- Whisk together lemon pepper, Mrs. Dash, and garlic salt.
- Add spices to chicken. Toss and coat chicken well.
- Spread chicken in an even layer in the air fryer. TIP: Do not double layer or stack if making a double batch as it will not air fry and cook correctly.
- Cook at 380° degrees F 10-13 minutes. Cook an extra few minutes to achieve browning if desired.
- Sprinkle chicken bites with parsley.
- Serve as is or with rice, noodles, roasted vegetables, or dipping sauces. See notes below for ideas.