This blog post has been compensated by Borden® Cheese. All opinions are mine alone. #BordenCheeseLove #CollectiveBias #Ad
Cheesy hash brown, bacon and egg breakfast muffins. These muffin tin breakfast bites are stuffed with cheesy goodness: crispy bacon, hash browns, eggs, chopped vegetables, and herbs.
There is something about savory breakfast muffins that is naturally satisfying, enriching and comforting. It’s no wonder because muffins are the perfect dish for versatility. Cooler weather outside makes for the perfect family breakfast together. It’s best shared over melted cheese and egg muffins. Savory vegetables and herbs truly make this a comfort dish.
Breakfast is the most important part of the day. It only makes sense to start it off with a delicious, protein packed meal. Cheesy hash brown, egg and bacon muffins are my go to breakfast staple when I’m making food to share with friends and family. It’s also the perfect breakfast for a cozy winter brunch. It’s my go to recipe for a busy weekday morning and for a relaxing weekend breakfast.
Getting together with family for breakfast is something we all look forward to at the start of the new year. I cannot think of anything else I’d rather be doing than sharing a hot meal with loved ones. There is something special about the holidays. I remember when I was young helping mom in the kitchen prepping for holiday meals. Sometimes, cooking would start the night before, and mom always included me in the fun. I grew up watching her use my grandma’s recipes, and now I’m making my own to share with the family. The simple combination of cheese and eggs is a classic. Add herbs and there is plenty of savory, delicious flavor.
To make this recipe, start by chopping bell peppers, jalapeno, green onions, and parsley. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin pan with cooking spray; set aside. Next, in a large bowl, combine thawed hash browns, Borden® Cheese Sharp Cheddar Shreds, parsley, bell peppers, salt, and pepper. Pour in oil, and stir it until it’s combined well.
Place 1/4 cup of the mixture into each muffin tin cup. Pat the mixture down, and work some of it up the sides. Leave a dip in the center for the egg mixture. Place in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the bacon according to package directions.
In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Place 1 tablespoon of the egg mixture into each cup.
Sprinkle with herbs and vegetables, then top each cup with 1 tablespoon Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Mild Cheddar Shreds.
Sprinkle with remaining herbs, then top each cup with 1 tablespoon Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Cheddar Jack Shreds.
Evenly spread chopped bacon on top. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper.
Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
The breakfast muffins need to cool down for at least 10 minutes before they can be removed. This time allows the potatoes to cool without sticking to the sides of the pan. I’ll be the first to admit that it’s hard to wait, especially for a breakfast that smells as great as this does! It’s so worth it though. I love being able to serve these cups to the family in one piece.
Trust me, the muffins are still hot once they are ready to be removed. That extra time just allows the potatoes to not steam against the pan, making for a fuss free breakfast.
For easy removal, use a spoon to loosen potatoes from pan. Next, trace it with a small spatula and remove.
I found my Borden® Cheese at Walmart, located in the dairy section. Be sure to check out this store locator to find Borden® Cheese near you!
Our family can never have enough cheese on our plate. The refrigerator is always stocked with cheese. In fact, family moments are made uniquely special with the love that goes into making Borden® Cheese.
It’s moments like this that I get really excited about cheese! Simply put, I’m transforming food one recipe at a time with Borden® Cheese.
What are your favorite ways to cook with cheese in the morning?
Cheesy Hash brown and Egg Breakfast Muffins
- 18 ounces shredded hash browns , thawed
- 1 + 1/2 cup Borden® Cheese Sharp Cheddar Shreds
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons green bell pepper , finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red bell pepper , finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley , chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno , finely chopped
- 6 bacon slices , finely chopped
- 12 tablespoons Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Mild Cheddar Shreds
- 5 eggs , whisked
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 12 tablespoons Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Cheddar Jack Shreds
- 3 green onion stalks , finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine thawed hash browns, 1 + 1/2 cup Borden® Cheese Sharp Cheddar Shreds, 1 + 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 + 1/2 tablespoons green bell pepper, 2 + 1/2 tablespoons red bell pepper, 2 + 1/2 tablespoons parsley, and 1/2 jalapeno. Mix well with spatula. Place about 1/4 cup mixture into each muffin tin cup. Press mixture down and up the sides, leaving a dip in the center. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon according to package directions. Finely chop once cool; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Fill each muffin cup with 1 tablespoon egg mixture. Sprinkle half of the leftover parsley, green pepper and red pepper on top of egg mixture in muffin tin pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Mild Cheddar Shreds over each cup.
- Top with remaining parsley, bell peppers, bacon, and green onions. Sprinkle 12 tablespoons Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Cheddar Jack Shreds on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. For easy removal, use a spoon to loosen potatoes from pan. Next, trace it with a small spatula and remove.