Old fashioned Monster Popcorn balls are so much fun for children and adults! There are
unlimited ways to make your balls, you just need to stretch the imagination. Use food
coloring and add to the melted mixture before adding the popcorn, if you want your balls
to look extra cool you can make two or three different colors and take a little of each when
forming your balls.
For more Halloween and autumn treats, try these Caramel Apple Crisp Bars, or this Ranch Pumpkin Seed recipe, Scarecrow Halloween Snack Mix made with caramel popcorn, candy corn, chocolate halloween candies, and Chex cereal.
Purple and green would look really neat in keeping with Halloween or red and green for
Christmas. If you are hosting a baby shower you could wrap light blue or pink balls in a fancy
wrapping and have your guests unwrap them for a Baby Shower Reveal Party.
Often people have their favorites but it’s always nice to mix them up. Drizzle melted
chocolate on the popcorn balls after they have cooled and wait until they set up before
storing. Store your popcorn balls in a large Tupperware or package individually in plastic
How to Make Popcorn Balls
- Cut sticks of butter up and melt in a saucepan over medium heat until fully melted
- Slowly add marshmallows and stir until well melted with the butter.
- Pour warm mixture into a large bowl and add popcorn and M&M’s.
- Coat hands in thin layer of butter and pack together into eight balls.
Popcorn Ball Ingredients
- Popcorn: You can use already popped store bought popcorn or pop your own.
- Butter: Use unsalted it you have it otherwise salted is fine. Do not use margarine.
- Marshmallows: Large or small, they all melt down in the end.
- M&M’s: These can be left out, but they add a bit of sweetness and extra crunch.
Popcorn: This recipe can also be made with Rice Krispy Cereal
M&M’s: Any small candy can be added instead, chocolate chips, toffee bits, cut up snicker bars,
pieces of butterfingers, bites of candy cane
Coloring: Totally change the look by adding food coloring to the popcorn balls before removing
the melted mixture from the saucepan.
Monster Popcorn Balls
- 4 tbsp butter
- 8 cups popcorn
- 12 oz marshmallows
- 1 cup M&M candies
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows. Stir until melted.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl with popcorn and M&Ms.
- Roll popcorn into 8 balls.