A quick and easy homemade Chocolate Chip Frappuccino recipe made with freshly brewed espresso, chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, ice, and whipped cream. If you love Starbucks iced frappe drink, you’ll want to make this from scratch recipe in your own home.
I cannot get enough iced coffee throughout the day. I have been very excited since discovering Starbucks’ many flavored syrups online. This recipe is a must-have cold beverage to get through the hot Midwest summer.
Regular coffee drinkers (like myself) know how big of a role coffee plays in our lives. Coffee is part of my morning routine. It’s the first thing I drink in the morning, even before eating breakfast.
Knowing how to make a classic frappuccino drink is essential. Not only am I saving money every day, but I’m also having time by not having to wait in line with everyone else. Even better, I can customize this espresso drink to my liking.
Chocolate Chip Frappuccino Ingredients
☑ CHOCOLATE SYRUP: The syrup adds a good amount of chocolate flavor to the drink. I like to mix mine in the drink and drizzle it over the top before serving.
☑ CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Mini chocolate chips will blend much easier than the larger baking chips. Top each glass with a few when serving.
☑ ESPRESSO: Brew your own double-strength espresso at home. Do buy a brand that you like the taste of to use in this recipe.
☑ ICE: A basic frappe recipe uses ice. I prefer it finely ground and a blender does it best.
☑ WHIPPED CREAM: Just a few tablespoons if you like whipped cream or skip it altogether for a healthier version.
How to Make Starbuck’s Chocolate Chip Frappuccino
- Brew espresso.
- Pour espresso, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, ice, and vanilla extract into a blender.
- Blend until mostly smooth.
- Pour into tall glasses.
- Serve with whipped cream, extra chocolate syrup, and mini chocolate chips.
Why you should make your own coffee at home
☑ Customizable: from the flavorful syrups to the milk, and even the strength of the espresso.
☑ Saves time: no more waiting in line.
☑ Save money: Skip buying into a brand when you can make it better at home.
Chocolate Chip Frappuccino
- 4 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 4 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 4 cups double-strength freshly brewed espresso
- chopped or crushed ice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp whipped cream
- 1 tbsp chocolate syrup (garnish)
- Fill Blender half full with chopped or crushed ice.
- Add 4 tbsp chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, espresso, ice, and vanilla extract.
- Blend in blender until thick and still icy.
- Pour into 4 tall glasses.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate syrup drizzle.
Image Credit: Starbucks