This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. #Ad #Sponsored
Creamy Mushroom and Bacon Chicken
It’s officially autumn outside, and I’m celebrating the new season by breaking out the heavy Dutch oven pot to do some cooking. I use this pot to make warm, comforting dishes that I’ve patiently waited for all year long. One of my favorite dishes to make is this Creamy Mushroom, Bacon and Asparagus Chicken dish.
The Dutch oven is perfect for pan braising chicken. Braising meat seals in the juices and keeps the inside moist and flavorful. It makes this dish all the more better with just a few extra steps. The creamy mushroom sauce is highlighted with flavorful bacon, fresh herbs, mustard and balsamic vinegar. I always use Wright® Brand Bacon because it has the best cuts of premium meat. Thick sliced cuts and high quality bacon is the number one reason I love to cook with bacon. That means the bacon holds up when cooked and added to dishes. It’s naturally smoked with wood chips and hand-selected and hand-trimmed. Wright Brand Bacon is masterfully crafted for a richer bacon experience that elevate each and every dish. Its bold taste is a flavor I strive for when I want to include it into a dish.
What I love about this recipe is the creamy sauce. It has so many flavors that mend perfectly and balance each other. It’s my go to recipe on a busy weeknight. It’s an awesome recipe to serve for an elevated evening with friends. It makes for a beautiful rustic French countryside theme dinner, too.
I love to head to the refrigerated bacon/breakfast section of Kroger (Publix if I’m at the beach house in Florida) over the weekend and pick up a variety of Wright Brand Bacon including, Applewood Smoked and Hickory Smoked. Both of these are my favorite to include in many dishes for the family.
A variety of flavors include: Smoked Brown Sugar Bacon, Bourbon Barrel Smoked, Applewood Smoked, Hickory Smoked and Oak Barrel Smoked. If I’m lucky, I might just pick up Smoked Brown Sugar Bacon and Bourbon Barrel Smoked Bacon for an extended family brunch. Everyone that knows me knows that I’m not afraid to stock up on basket full of these bacon varieties to mix and match with recipes throughout the week!
What is your favorite Wright Brand Bacon flavor this holiday season? Be sure to vote in the poll and pick your favorite flavor! #VoteWrightBrandBacon
There is nothing worse than fatty, greasy bacon that shrivels up to tiny pieces before it hits the plate. To help prevent this, try a good quality, thick-sliced bacon. Story of my life here– when Wright Brand Bacon hits the table, it’s like a magnet – everyone comes running to grab some before it’s gone! We’re such big bacon lover’s here!
What I love most about bacon is that it’s versatile. It’s a staple in our southern home. I cook with it at least half a dozen times or more throughout the week. In fact, my freezer is stocked full of bacon right now. With the upcoming holidays and back to school fall and work schedules, bacon helps make meal planning easier.
I love to toss it into salads, casseroles, pasta dishes, soups, desserts, savory breakfast biscuits, appetizers, cinnamon rolls and creamy sauces that taste wonderful on steak, roasted vegetables and chicken. If bacon is an ingredient in your next recipe, you’re doing something right. Wright Brand Bacon is definitely Bacon The Wright Way™.
Be sure to share your bacon recipes on social media. Simply hashtag it #VoteWrightBrandBacon and tag @WrightBacon
Creamy Mushroom, Bacon and Asparagus Braised Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 chicken drums
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8.5 oz . white mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 12 slices bacon , chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 + 1/2 - 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons Dijon or brown mustard
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch asparagus , see notes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 springs oregano , to taste
- 2-3 springs thyme , to taste
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley , finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash chicken under cold water and pat dry. Chop asparagus in half and use top half for the dish.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Place chicken skin side down into pan, flipping chicken to other side once a nice golden brown crust has formed; repeat. Place chicken in baking dish and toss with Italian seasoning. Bake for 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon according to package directions. Once cool, coarsely chop; set aside.
- In a large pot, heat 1 + 1/2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in 3 + 1/2 cups heavy cream, 1 + 1/2 teaspoons mustard, 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Add fresh oregano and thyme springs. Cook 5-10 minutes.
- In a small dish, stir together cornstarch and cold water. Add to cream pot mixture, stirring as it thickens. Add up to 1/2 cup heavy cream to the dish to reach desired thickness.
- Add chicken to pot, remove from heat and cover with lid for 10 minutes. Toss together and serve.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!