This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Barber Foods. All opinions are entirely my own. #BarberNight
Chicken Cordon Bleu with Lemon Pasta
Buttery lemon citrus and cheese pasta with fresh herbs. Served with Barber Foods Chicken Cordon Bleu. Five minutes of prep and this chicken dinner will be ready within 40 minutes. The pasta is light and refreshing. The chicken is moist and stuffed with ham and cheese. Dinner couldn’t be any easier to prepare with this recipe.
I love planning meals that give me the most time with my family. The less time in the kitchen, the better. Especially on a busy weeknight when we’re all rushing to get home, eat and relax. Any meal that takes 40 minutes or less to make is a meal made for me.
I love a classic Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe in all its gloriousness. I really do. I’ve attempted to make is at least a half dozen times and it’s a hit or miss recipe for me.
It’s always the filling that leaks out and leaves the chicken dry. Sometimes, I want an easier way. A way that requires less work but has the same delicious flavors and taste.
What I love about using already prepared Chicken Cordon Bleu from the store is that I don’t have spend nearly an hour to make it myself. Since the chicken is raw and needs to be baked, it gives me time to make a side dish while it bakes.
To make Barber Foods Chicken Cordon Bleu, start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F. Unwrap the chicken from the pouch and space them apart on a baking sheet. Bake for 31-33 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Allow chicken to cool a few minutes before serving.
Head to your local Winn Dixie or Sam’s Club to find Barber Foods. Use this product locator to find other stores in your area that carries the brand.
Anytime I make a meal that’s 40 minutes or less, I know I’m winning!
What is your favorite side dish to pair with Chicken Cordon Bleu?
- 4 Barber Foods Chicken Cordon Bleu ((2 boxes))
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley ((I used Italian curls))
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 1/3 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 garlic cloves (, finely minced)
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese (, finely grated)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 + 1/2 lemons (, juiced)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook Barber Foods Chicken Cordon Bleu according to package directions.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt to boiling water.
- To make the butter sauce, melt butter in pot over medium-high heat. Just as the butter gets color, add minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add in lemon juice and cooked pasta. Add in chopped parsley, basil, salt and pepper then toss together. Add in cheese and lemon zest; toss together.
- Serve chicken over pasta.