Crispy GARLIC BUTTER ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS with candied pecans, dried cranberries, and feta cheese. The perfect 15 minute sheet pan side dish with incredible flavor. Healthy roasted brussels sprouts with classic fall harvest flavors.
Crispy brussel sprouts are delicious. Roasted correctly in just 18-minutes and tossed in flavorful seasonings, ordinary sprouts are transformed into a mouthwatering healthy treat. Tossing them in a buttery garlic sauce and broiling for an extra few minutes yields extra crispy sprout tops that’s one for the books.
Roasting brussels sprouts is an easy way to cook the leafy green vegetable. My savory garlic and warm butter brussels sprouts will make it to the table in less than 25 minutes. Tossed with candied or toasted pecan halves, dried cranberries, and crumbled feta cheese transforms sprouts into a mouthwater side dish. These sprouts are even more delicious than my 5-star Crack Brussels Sprouts recipe that everyone raves about.
Garlic Butter Brussels Sprouts Ingredients
■ BRUSSELS SPROUTS: Fresh brussels sprouts work best. Can be pre bagged or freshly bagged.
■ GARLIC: Fresh garlic transforms sprouts with it’s robust flavor and aroma. I use garlic puree because I always have it on hand but freshly minced or zested garlic works, too.
■ BUTTER: The combination of butter and garlic tastes just as good as it sounds. Perfectly roasted sprouts with toasted butter and garlic is extraordinary and has an invigorating depth of flavor.
■ SEASONING: The basics. Salt, pepper, and oil. Vegetable and canola oil work best for this recipe. Both oils can handle the high baking temperature. The oil is essential to caramelize the sprouts. Without it, they’ll turn dry and shrivel.
■ PECANS: Both candied or toasted pecans add nice flavor and crunch. Adding sweet or savory nuts quickly elevates and turns an ordinary vegetable into a salad dish. Find candied nuts in the baking aisle.
■ CRANBERRIES: I like to add dried cranberries when I make this buttery brussels sprouts recipe for the holiday season and especially for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It adds a nice sweet flavor that blends well with the salty tangy cheese and salty bacon.
■ CHEESE: Crumbled feta cheese incorporates a rich, tangy, and salty flavor. Other cheeses I like include blue cheese and parmesan cheese.
How to Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Butter
- Cut stubs off the bottom of the sprouts.
- Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Spread parchment paper on baking sheets.
- Generously coat prepared sheets with oil.
- Toss brussels sprouts in oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place on sheet pan with centers facing down.
- Roast in 400°F oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Melt butter and combine with garlic.
- Toss sprouts in garlic butter.
- Broil on high 3-6 minutes or until tops are crispy.
- Allow sprouts to cool; 5-10 minutes.
- Toss together with pecans, cheese, cranberries, and bacon.
Serving Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Sprouts are the perfect vegetable side dish to serve along with any dinner recipe you might eat with a vegetable or side dish. It’s a real treat to serve them with sweet cornbread and a hearty dinner recipe.
Holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter is a traditional time to serve a brussels sprouts recipe. In fact, the roasted vegetable is perfect with this Glazed Brown Sugar Ham recipe or this Oven-Baked Honey Ham recipe. When hosting Thanksgiving Day, be sure to make sprouts with this flavorful Roast Turkey with Herb Butter recipe or this Crock Pot Turkey Breast.
Serving buttery roasted brussels sprouts with other side dish recipes like this honey cornbread is a real treat. My Strawberry Shortcake Fluff Salad is a wonderful dessert salad to make for a potluck. Also a classic, serve them with homemade Baked Beans.
MAKING SPROUTS EXTRA CRISPY
How can I prevent the sprouts from sticking to the pan? Use oil, and lots of it. It’s best to use parchment paper, too. Simply lay down parchment paper then grease it well.
- Caramelization: Allow sprouts extra space while roasting. Placing them too close together means that they will steam instead of crisp. Space them about 1½ -2 inches apart on the sheet pan. Typically, I use two sheet pans to ensure that they roast correctly. Also, I place the smallest sprouts on the second sheet
- Crispy Tops: Turn the sprouts over and broil on high until the tops are charred and have a crispy texture.
- Garlic Butter Flavor: Toss the sprouts in the sauce at the end of roasting. Garlic burns easily so you’ll want to be sure to do this step at the end and then quickly hit them with high heat to yield crispy and crunchy tops.
Roasted Vegetable Recipes You’ll Love Trying Next
- CRACK BRUSSELS SPROUTS: Oven baked brussels sprouts in a zesty sauce that features ranch seasoning, and citrus lemon juice. Currently a top viewer rated recipe.
- CRACK ASPARAGUS: Crispy asparagus tips roasted in the oven in a delicious lemon olive oil roasting sauce featuring bacon, toasted almonds, and cheese.
- CRACK BROCCOLI: The BEST oven-roasted broccoli recipe with charred tips in a robust seasoning with lemon juice, parmesan cheese and almonds.
Garlic Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 48 oz Brussels Sprouts (about 1½ lb½)
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 tsp garlic puree (or 4-5 garlic cloves zested)
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅔ cup candied or toasted pecans
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 6 slices bacon, chopped (optional)
- Wash sprout if not prewashed. Place on large towel and pat dry well.
- Cut stub off end. Cut sprout in half lengthwise.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper. Next, dab paper towel in a small bowl of vegetable oil and coat parchment paper well with oil. This will help the sprouts from sticking and burning on the sheet pan.
- Toss sprouts with 2 tbsp oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place center side down on sheet pan, 1½ inches apart. TIP: I sort the sprouts by size. Big sprouts go on one sheet pan and small sprouts on another. This way, the small ones can be removed a few minutes early to ensure they are not over roasted.
- Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes. Cook bacon if using, then chop.
- Melt butter and mix with zested, puree, or minced garlic. Toss sprouts with mixture.
- Place sprouts center side up and broil on high 3-6 minutes or until the tops are crispy is texture and deep golden or charred brown.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes. Toss together with candied or toasted pecans, feta cheese, dried cranberries, and bacon.