Bacon Cheddar Dip
Creamy dips are one of summer’s essentials. A good dip deserves bragging rights and this easy dish is no exception. This dish has been a favorite in my house for many, many years. Summer holidays and warm weather potlucks wouldn’t be complete without all this deliciousness.
Bacon. I’m looking at you. Your warm crispy touch has me in the kitchen morning after morning meeting you at the fridge to have our breakfast date. Oh how you compliment every dish to make it a royal flush. And cheddar cheese, well you’re my queen.
This recipe starts with a sour cream base with added cream cheese and just a hint of mayonnaise. The mayonnaise can be left out if desired but I think it just adds more flavor to the dip. The dip is seasoned with essential dip seasoning like garlic and onion. The red pepper flakes do add some heat to the dip, so adjust accordingly.
Hopefully I have enough dip to get me through spring because I’ve been waiting for this London weather to head back home. It’s been raining and gloomy in New Orleans for almost 2 months now which I don’t mind, If I didn’t have to take pictures. Nearly everything I shoot is in daylight and with constant dark clouds looming above me, it makes it difficult to take photos after I’m done cooking. Hopefully, the weather will return back to London soon!
In the meantime, make a batch of this dip. Not only is it incredibly easy to make but it pairs great with crackers, veggies and all sorts of artisan bread.
Bacon Cheddar Dip
- 12 sliced cooked bacon
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 5 green onion stalks
- 3-4 sleeves crackers
- Cook bacon on skillet over medium heat then finely chop it.
- Melt cream cheese in microwave. Use a spatula to fold the cream cheese onto it's self and whip it. Microwave any large chunks and place smooth cream in a large bowl.
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise and melted cream cheese in a large bowl and mix.
- Add garlic salt, onion salt and red pepper flakes and stir.
- Fold in 2 cups cheddar cheese, green onions and chopped bacon.
- Serve with crackers or french bread.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!