Mozzarella Stuffed Jalapeño Burgers
Mozzarella stuffed beef burgers seasoned to perfection and topped with a tropical mango, avocado and tomato salsa. Each burger is placed on top of the all-new sweet and spicy King’s Hawaiian Jalapeño Rolls to give it that extra summer kick we desire this time of year. Serve as a main dish for dinner or serve these sliders as an appetizer.
Nothing says the arrival of warm weather like a cookout with fresh burgers and friends. However, it’s not just any ole burger, no. This burger is stuffed with mozzarella cheese. After you take one bite, you’ll wonder why you’ve never done this before. Take it to the next level by adding a dollop of tropical salsa to the burger because it pairs beautifully with King’s Hawaiian Jalapeño Rolls.
There is something beautiful about this time of year with all the outdoor family parties and tailgating for sports games. There is nothing better than getting together with family and friends to have a potluck in your backyard.
This time of year it seems we can’t get enough of being outside and a cookout needs to happen, over and over again until fall arrives. At least that’s the way our family does it.
The inspiration for this recipe came from the new King’s Hawaiian Jalapeño Rolls. Have you tried them yet? King’s Hawaiian has been around for more than 60 years and trust me when I say that it’s a staple in our kitchen. The all-new King’s Hawaiian Jalapeño Rolls are irresistibly sweet and spicy. I have so many plans with these rolls in my near future. I think I snacked on a half a bag before I put them down to share with others. So much Aloha Spirit and inspiration coming from these super delicious rolls.
King’s Hawaiian Jalapeño Rolls still have its signature sweet taste but with a little added heat thanks to those jalapeños. Guys, I’m all about these rolls right now. It’s like I want to wrap one around a piece of bacon with some cream cheese and call it a Jalapeño Popper!
For real, though. That Jalapeno Popper idea has me wanting to stuff a burger with ooey gooey cheese and sandwich it between King’s Hawaiian Jalapeño Rolls because, does life get any better than this right here? I think this is it right here! Look at that cheese stuffed burger and tropical salsa added to the top. These burgers are a much for summer entertaining!
Mozzarella Stuffed Jalapeño Burgers
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (, diced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups (8 oz) ground beef
- 2 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 8 King’s Hawaiian Jalapeño Rolls
- Garlic salt (, to taste)
- Lawry's Seasoning (, to taste)
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 mango (, finely diced)
- 1-2 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Green lettuce
- Freeze mozzarella sticks for about 15 minutes then slice it in half horizontally then slice vertically into 4th. There should be 16 pieces of cheese.
- Wash mushrooms then dice and toss into a skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil on the stove top over medium heat. Allow mushrooms to brown, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside in dish once done.
- Meanwhile, measure 1/4 cup ground beef for each patty. Roll into a ball then stuff 2 pieces mozzarella cheese into the center and re-roll the balls to position the cheese in the center.
- Add the burgers (8) to the skillet and brown on both sides. Once brown, cover skillet with lid and allow to cook thoroughly, about 7-10 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- Meanwhile, brown the King’s Hawaiian Jalapeño Rolls. Next, halve avocado, skin and remove pit then add to a small bowl and mush with fork. Add in lemon juice, and finely sliced mango, tomatoes and mushrooms. Stir to mix everything.
- To assemble, top each bun with green lettuce, burger and avocado mango salsa.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of King’s Hawaiian. The opinions and text are all mine.