A quick 10-minute Cucumber Salad in a tangy sour cream marinade. Made with fresh dill, thinly sliced English cucumbers, garlic, and onion. Every summer barbecue party needs this cold and creamy cucumber salad recipe.
It wouldn’t be summer without a fresh vegetable side dish. Even better that it’s in a cool tangy dill dressing that will have you eating all day long. Plus, as a no-bake recipe, you can toss it together super last minute and still have it with your meal. Otherwise, prepare it ahead of time and take it to any potluck or holiday bbq party.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD
- Chop onions and garlic.
- Thinly slice English cucumbers.
- Make the sour cream dressing.
- Stir in minced garlic, onions, dill.
- Add vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, olive oil.
- Toss together and serve or simply allow to marinate.
CUCUMBER SALAD INGREDIENTS
- CUCUMBERS: Source English cucumbers for this recipe. These cucumbers are located next to regular cucumbers. They are thin and extremely long and usually come in plastic wrap. Regular cucumbers can be substituted for English cucumbers if needed.
- DILL: Fresh dill adds a beautiful herb flavor that pairs great with sour cream and cucumbers.
- GARLIC: Garlic, salt, and pepper flavor the sour cream dressing.
- ONION: Flavor pairs perfectly with cucumbers. Use white or red onions.
- SOUR CREAM: Adds creaminess and allows the dill flavor to penetrate deeply.
- VINEGAR: A little tang for freshness.
CUCUMBER SALAD FAQ
Can I make this ahead of time? Yes. The cucumbers will add moisture to the sauce so keep that in mind. Otherwise, slice cucumbers and prepare the dressing then mix together when ready to serve.
How can I elevate this dish: Add crunchy nuts like almonds, pecans, walnuts. Stir in crispy bacon for a salty flavor.
RECIPE DISHES TO SERVE WITH CUCUMBER SOUR CREAM SALAD.
Serve as a side dish or appetizer alongside your favorite summer dishes. As a vegetable dish, this is perfect with grilled meats and other summer dishes. I keep it in constant rotation from April to September and often dish it up with these classic recipes.
Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ½ white or purple onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2½ tbsp vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp granulated sugar or honey
- Mix together sour cream, vinegar, salt, pepper, olive oil, and sugar.
- Add thinly sliced cucumbers, and dill to bowl.
- Stir in onion and garlic.
- Adjust salt/pepper and toss mixture together.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it’s accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You’ll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!