One Pot Lasagna Soup
Lasagna is a classic and timeless recipe around my house. It was the first dish I made over and over again when I was a vegetarian years ago. Today, I still like to keep it vegetarian and it seems like everyone around me prefers it that way, too. While I may not be a full vegetarian anymore, I do prefer a good amount of food to be meat free. This Lasagna Soup is packed with tender noodles and a big heaping of cheese which if you ask me, it’s what makes that best lasagna.
One pot meals are a favorite around here. The convenience of slowly adding ingredients to a big ole pot is where my heart is at. While I still make lasagna a lot around here, I wanted to make it into something creamy that’s both comforting and easy to prepare. Making it into a soup allows you to season it to perfection. I usually use whatever ingredients I have on hand and that will work for this recipe, too.
Lasagna soup is the perfect main dish to serve to the family or a hungry crowd. How can anyone go wrong with tomato based, creamy soup with loads of cheese?
Maybe it’s my Mid Western roots calling me out or maybe it’s just that cheese tastes better with everything.
This dish can be served as a side, appetizer or used as the main star. I love to make a really crispy ciabatta bread to serve with it. Simply dipping the bread into a hot bowl of soup is life goal material.
Once summer comes along, I only made this dish after the sun goes down. However, with it only taking 30 minutes to make, it’s not a big deal.
What are some of your favorite soups to make this time of year?
One Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1 white onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 24 ounce jar pasta or marinara sauce
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika - optional to taste
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 7 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 13 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium mozzarella ball , sliced
- In a large dutch oven or pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Toss in diced onion and sautee for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in minced garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Stir in tomato paste and flour then cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, parsley, basil, oregano, paprika, sugar, salt and pepper to pot then stir in vegetable broth.
- Bring to boil then add lasagna noodles (broken into 4ths) to pot and reduce heat back to medium then cook, stirring occasionally (about 20 minutes).
- Once noodles are tender, stir in fresh spinach, heavy cream, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cut mozzarella ball into small slices and place on top. Garnish with shredded basil. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!