Pecan Pie Monkey Bread
Buttery, warm biscuits rolled in cinnamon and sugar and stacked in a bundt pan with homemade caramel sauce and sliced pecans. Enjoy right out of the oven as a snack or brunch during the holidays.
It’s one of my favorite times of the year and I’m excited to share what our family will be snacking on. The holidays are meant to get family and friends together and enjoy each other’s company. I love nothing more than spending time in the kitchen cooking delicious food for the ones I love.
Our holidays start with sleeping in and sitting down to a late brunch together. The night before I prep dishes so I have more time to spend with the family. Our house sort of becomes magical during the holidays. We always have family friends over and therefore, I like to make plenty of food for throughout the day.
Whether it’s a brunch we are sitting down to or snacking on something warm out of the oven while talking with company, our house enjoys sweet treats.
When I was a kid, every Thanksgiving and Christmas morning, mom would wake us up to the smell of this dish in the oven. As we got older, we most looked forward to brunch before family came over. Now, we travel home for the holidays and sleep over the night before. Not much has changed, and that’s a good thing.
While I may be thousands of miles away from my family and can’t always make it home for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, I carry on that tradition in our home.
Our family traditions haven’t changed much over the years and for good reason. Our family places a lot of emphasis on spending time with one another and hosting others to join us. Pillsbury® Grands!® have been a staple in our household for many years, especially during the holidays. Whether we’re making classic and traditional recipes or new recipes, Pillsbury® has been helping to maintain our old and cherished traditions.
For this recipe, it’s best to use Pillsbury® Grands!®. The flaky layers of biscuits really adds a nice touch to this recipe. Each layer is incredibly easy to pull apart and is ideal for snacking. I headed to our local Walmart to pick up all the ingredients listed below including the Pillsbury® Grands!®.
To make this recipe, you’ll need a few simple ingredients and a bundt cake pan to get the same shape as I have created. This can also be made in a loaf pan if necessary.
What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Pecan Pie Monkey Bread
- 2 package (16.3 ounces each) Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon - optional
- 1 cup pecans , chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, heavy whipping cream and butter over medium heat. Allow mixture to melt and slightly come to boil for a few seconds then stir well to dissolve mixture and remove from stove top; set aside. Grease a 15 cup bundt cake pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar. Open biscuit can and cut each circle biscuit into fourths. Repeat until done. Dunk each piece into melted butter and cover with cinnamon and sugar then place evenly into bundt cake pan. After one can of dough has been prepared, sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1/3 caramel mixture over the top. Repeat cutting the biscuits and preparing them the same way. Once done, sprinkle remaining pecans and caramel sauce over top. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes. Turn upside down over serving plate and serve warm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.